𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏

Whatever Regina needed to destroy Storybrooke she had hidden in a secret room, under the library

Whatever Regina needed to destroy Storybrooke she had hidden in a secret room, under the library. And she needed Killian's help to get it.

"That's why it's a two man job?" he asked, looking at the elevator that led down into the other room. "You need me to lower you?"

"No. Used to be. Before magic" she said, waving her hand around as the gears clicked into place and the doors opened. They stepped in and Regina used her magic again to get the doors closed.

When they came to the bottom, the elevator doors opened into a large chasm. It was dimly lit with old light fixtures and looked like the inside of a deep cave.

Killian stepped out and followed Regina as she led him down the dark and twisted path. "You ever wonder if this constant pursuit for revenge is what's keeping us from our happy endings?" he asked. "I mean if I hadn't been so focused on killing the Dark One, Katherine wouldn't be tied up right now without me. And without her, my life would be meaningless. Empty."

"We will get her back. Getting our revenge on those who wronged us is the only way for us to be happy" Regina said.

"Revenge may sate your being. But don't misunderstand me, my dear. It's an end. Not a beginning" he said.

"For you, maybe. Not me. Destroying Storybrooke, well that seems like a small price to pay to allow us to live in peace" she said. Killian nodded in agreement and held out his hand to allow her to walk ahead of him.

Regina looked at his arm and noticed the bracelet attached to it. "Where did you get that?" she asked. "It belonged to my mother."

"Yes. She enchanted it so I could climb the beanstalk in our world. She-"

"I don't care why she gave it to you. It's hers and I want it back" she said. "You plan to blow this town off the map and you're worried about a scrap of cowhide?" he asked.

"She was my mother," Regina said. For a moment, Killian thought about going back on his plan and truly joining Regina's side. But with Katherine's life in the balance, he knew he couldn't risk it.

So he held up his arm and let her take it from him and watched as she put it on. Regina smiled, happy to have something of her mother's back in her possession. "Now follow me, closely," she said and led him through the entrance of an even wider cavern.

"Precarious," Killian said as he looked around. "You couldn't just have just hid the trigger in the back of your wardrobe?"

"It had to be both well-hidden and well-guarded. I put it somewhere no one would ever think I'd go" she said.

"And when you say well-guarded, who's guarding it?" he asked.

"A friend," she said as they both looked over the edge of a steep cliff. "She's been through a lot. There's a powerful spell here that sustains her in whatever form she's in. In fact, Hook, she's the reason why this is a two-man job."