𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒚-𝒕𝒘𝒐

When Katherine and Killian finally caught up to Emma she was sitting on a bench in the park staring into the lake

"You know you're making a mistake," Katherine said as they walked over. "I don't want to talk to you about this" Emma sighed.

"Then it's a good thing I'm not giving you a choice," Katherine said, sitting next to her as Killian stood behind them. "Think about what you're leaving behind. Your family."

"Henry is my family, and I'm taking him where he is safe," Emma said.

"And how is New York safer than here? You do remember the flying monkeys that attacked us there right? At least here you can use magic. You defeated the Wicked Witch. And Pan. And you broke the curse yet you keep running. So tell me the truth, what exactly do you hope to find?" Katherine asked.

"Home," Emma said.

"You think New York is home? None of that was real" Katherine said.

"The last year was," Emma said.

"No, it wasn't. Those were all fake memories."

"Now we have our memories back. Now we can make it real."

"And why can't you do that here? With your family?" Katherine asked.

Emma looked at the storybook Killian was holding. "Because of this!" she said, flicking through the pages. "I don't see my family here. I see fairy tales, I see stories of princes and princesses. That's not me. I was never a part of any of this."

"Then what are you a part of?"

"Besides being with Henry, I don't think I've ever been a part of anything," Emma said. "But you could be. Here" Katherine said.

"Look, when I was a kid I ran away. It's just what I did. But the first time I did it, I had the same exact thought. I wondered, what if making a mistake? What if I miss this place?"

"Did you?"

"Not the first time. Not any time."

"So what, you just keep running?" Katherine asked.

"I learned something a long time ago. Home is the place when you leave, you just miss it. So yeah, I'm gonna keep running until I feel that" Emma said.

"And leave your parents behind?"

"I have to do what's right for me and Henry. And-" Emma stopped talking as she looked behind Katherine and froze. Turning to see what she was looking at Katherine's eyes grew wide as she saw the huge beam of light, radiating into the sky.

"What the hell is that?" Emma asked. "I have no idea" Katherine mumbled. "I'm checking this out," Emma said, handing the book back to Killian as she stood up and headed toward it.