𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚

Katherine could only describe the place Killian brought them to as a hermit's grotto

Katherine could only describe the place Killian brought them to as a hermit's grotto. It was a cave carved out of a huge rock covered in vines. There was even a door attached to a makeshift pully system.

"What is this supposed to be?" Regina asked, looking up at it. "So, what, Neal swung out of Neverland on a vine?" Katherine asked.

"Well if you'd be kind enough to lend me hand, love-"

"I'll do it," David said, cutting Killian off. Katherine rolled her eyes but waved her hand for him to step up. It was a million degrees in the jungle so the less work she had to do the better.

Killian and David both pulled on the rope that opened the door before eventually, David took over, and pulled the door open, tying the end of the rope to a tree to keep it open.

"Ladies first," Killian said, as he let them all walk inside. When they walked in, Katherine's suspicions were confirmed. Hermit's grotto.

"What is this place? What are we doing here?" Emma asked. "Katherine, love, if you please?" Killian asked, gesturing to the torch attached to the wall. With a simple wave of her hand, a flame lit the torch and they could finally see the entirety of the cave.

The walls were covered in white chalk drawings that meant absolutely nothing to Katherine.

"Neal," Emma said. "This is where he lived."

"Aye. Baelfire spent some time in Neverland as a boy. This was his home" he said. Katherine looked at one of the drawings on the wall. It was the same P and S that was carved into the helm of Killian's ship.

"So, you think he may have left a clue as to how he escaped from here?" Mary Margaret asked. "Well let's hope so," Killian said. "Or we'll be lost, just like he was."

Deciding not to say anything about the familiar drawing, yet, she continued to look around at the other markings on the wall.

"Find anything important?" Killian asked. "No," she said, shaking her head. "But he was obviously a good artist."

"He got it from his mother," Killian said, biting his tongue as soon as the words left his mouth. Katherine didn't say anything, not looking at him as she continued staring at the drawings.

"Yes. Well, hopefully, he left something useful in here. Like a map or something," she said, leaving him as she continued to look around.

Emma walked up to her and gently pulled her aside. "Find anything?" Emma asked. "No. None of these drawings mean anything to me. You?" Katherine asked.

Emma shook her head. "Maybe...maybe there's something here that only you can find," she said. "Why me?" Katherine asked.

"Because you two do share DNA. You might think alike, even if you've only met once" Emma said.