𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒊𝒙𝒕𝒚-𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆

"God, this place is like a walking staph infection," Katherine said, as they walked through the halls of that apartment building Lily was supposedly living in

There was trash littering the hall, police sirens outside, a baby crying from one of the apartments, and a strange man roaming the halls.

"Why did I go through the trouble of creating Strorybrooke when I could've cursed everyone to live here?" Regina asked.

Emma rolled her eyes before knocking on the door of what was supposedly Lily's apartment.

But it was a man in an apartment a few doors down that answered.

"Yeah?"

"Oh, sorry to disturb you, we're just looking for Lilith Page. Is she around?" Emma asked.

"No, she ain't around. Not for years" the man said.

"You know where she moved?" Emma asked.

"Lady, she ain't movin' nowhere. She's dead" he said.

Emma was shocked as she looked at the man. "What?"

"Car wreck a couple years back. Pretty sure she was drunk. Not that anyone missed her. She was weird one. You know, kept to herself. Of course she had one of those personalities that you wanted to stay far away from. A real loser-"

"She was my friend!" Emma shouted, pinning the man against the wall.

"Emma!" Katherine shouted as she and Regina pulled her away from the man.

"It's not worth it," Regina said. "Come on. Let's go."

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Wanna talk about what happened back there?" Regin asked as they sped down the street.

"Nope," Emma mumbled, focusing on the road.

"You nearly put that guy through a wall," Regina said.

"I know what you're thinking but what happened back there wasn't me turning dark. It was mourning a friend. Can you understand that?" Emma asked.

"But you know that what happened to her wasn't your fault," Katherine said.

"You sure? You heard what that guy said. Her life wasn't pretty, it was dark. That darkness was meant for me. Or could have been, or..."

"Emma!" Regina shouted, spotting a wolf in the road. Emma swerved to the side of the road, barely missing the wolf.

"Everyone okay?" Regina asked as they all got out of the car.

"This has happened before. The wolf in the road, and an accident, the first time I tried to leave Storybrooke" Emma said.

"Stop overthinking. It's not fate, it's just a flat" Regina said, kicking the back tire of the car. "You need a new tire. Unless fate wants you to go to the Coffee Mug diner for help I chalk it up to accidents will happen. I'll get a tire, you get some coffee."