𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒊𝒗𝒆

。゚☆: * enchanted forest 。゚☆: * present

Cora's plan was simple. Killian disguised himself as a member of the village living in the safe haven that was unaffected by the curse.

When Mary Margaret and Emma, along with their new companions Aurora and Mulan, found the entire village slaughtered, he cried out for help, claiming to be the only survivor.

He was to gain their trust as they searched for the missing piece they all needed to go home. What he wasn't expecting however was for Emma to be so untrusting.

Killian sat at the edge of a wooden table, continuing his charade of an innocent bystander. Aurora saw next to him while Mary Margaret made a fire, warming up some food for him.

Emma walked over with a cup of water for him, watching his every move. "Here you go," she said.

"I cannot thank you enough for your kindness," he said, taking the water from her. "Fortune, it seems, has seen fit to show me favor."

"An island full of corpses, you're the only one to escape. How exactly did that happen?" Emma asked.

"She attacked at night," Killian said. "Slaughtered everyone in one fell swoop. When she started ripping out people's hearts, I hid under the bodies of those who had already been killed. Pretended to be dead myself. Mercifully, the ruse worked."

"So much for fortune favoring the brave" Emma chided. "It was all I could do to survive," he said. Emma leaned down next to him, not believing him at all.

"I'm gonna let you in on a little secret. I'm pretty good at knowing when someone is lying to me" she said.

"I'm telling you the truth," Killian said, trying his best to get her to believe him.

"We should leave here in case Cora decides to come back," Mulan said. "We should start searching for a new portal to Storybrooke," Mary Margaret said. "I only got about five minutes with my husband, not to mention my grandson."

"You have a grandson?" Killian asked, with a small smile. "Long story" Mary Margaret sighed.

"Well, I know this land well. I can guide you-"

Killian was cut off by a cold blade pressing against his throat. Emma's hand on the knife was steady. "You're not gonna guide us anywhere until you tell us who you really are."

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The four girls brought Killian out to the middle of the Ogre woods and tied him up against a tree, deciding to use force to get him to talk.

"I already told you. I'm just a blacksmith" he said, worried that Cora's plan might actually get him killed.

"Sure you are," Emma said, before letting out a loud whistle. A distant growl could be heard signaling an Orgre was nearby and on its way to them.