𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒐𝒏𝒆

。゚☆: * enchanted forest 。゚☆: * before the curse

Katherine knew that her mother would be furious if she found out where she was. A tavern near the docks on the far side of the kingdom was the last place a princess should be. Katherine had her powers so she wasn't in any danger.

Everyone knew who she was, and no one would dare mess with her anyway. Everyone in the entire realm knew of the horrors inflicted on those who challenged the Evil Queen. So going after her child was a death sentence.

But despite her mother's warnings about where she was and wasn't allowed to venture off to, Katherine liked it here. She enjoyed the element of danger as she watched the different customers come and go.

Some were just here for an innocent drink, and others looking for an inconspicuous place to blend in, probably on the run from someone. Either way, Katherine liked sitting in the back, downing the many glasses of rum she ordered.

A voice behind her brought her out of her thoughts. "Are you lost?"

Katherine turned and gazed up at the man who dared to speak to her. A smirk adorned his face, his blue eyes staring directly into her own. A metal hook that replaced his left, gleamed under the lights.

"Do I look lost?" she asked. "Well you don't find many princesses in places like these," he said, gesturing around at the rowdiness they were surrounded by.

"But you do find many pirates" Katherine smirked, easily being able to figure him out. "And what gave it away?" he asked.

"Your arrogance," she said, turning from him and focusing her attention back on the drink in her hand.

Katherine sighed as the man took the initiative to sit right next to her. "Do you have a death wish?" she asked, glaring at him.

"Is that rum?" he asked, pointing to the bottle on the table.

"Excuse me?"

The man just pointed at the bottle again, a knowing smirk still on his face. Katherine rolled her eyes and pulled the bottle closer to herself.

"Yes, pirate, it's rum. And no, you can't have any" she said. "Well, that's not very nice," he said, pretending to be genuinely hurt.

"Well I'm not a very nice person," she told him.

"Aye, yes. I guess they don't call you the dark princess for your generosity" he said. Katherine turned to him, rolling her eyes.

"Let me guess. You want something" she said, figuring he was in need of help only magic could solve.

"Just a drink, love. Promise" he smiled. Katherine let out a small laugh and gestured over to the bar. "Barkeep's over there," she told him.

The man just gave her a look, sensing that she didn't really want to send him away. And she didn't. So against her better judgment, she poured him a drink from the bottle she had.