Merome: Welcome Home

=Mitch's POV=

237 days without him. And I only had to wait one more. Ive spent 237 days one without my biggums, because 237 days ago he left and joined the U.S. Military. But tomorrow he would be home. Jerome would be back in my arms.

Everyone flew down so we could all see him after all this time. Rob, Preston, Vikk, Lachlan, Brandon, Mat. They were all here with me, awaiting Jerome's return home. They'd all helped me a lot when I started to get worried or scared for Jerome, talking with me for hours on end or even flying to visit me. I was forever grateful to them.

-------------

"Boys, I'm so bored! Can we do something? Anything?" Mat complained. "What do you wanna do?" I asked the other six, who were spread out in various positions across my living room floor and furniture. Preston was upside down with his feet on the wall and head dangling off the couch. Rob sat next to him on the floor, and kept poking Preston's neck, making his head jerk up. Mat and Brandon were laying on the recliner together, Mat's feet my Brandon's head and vice versa. Vikk sat literally on Lachlan, and was playing on his phone, while Lachlan was trying to talk to the rest of us. "Can we go for a walk?" Preston asked. "Yeah! I need to stretch, Vikk is hurting my legs man." Lachlan added. "I woulda gotten off you, Lachy! Why didn't you say something?" Vikk said, flopping sideways of Lachlan and onto the love seat. "Yeah, a walk sounds nice. Isn't there a park down the road?" Brandon said. "I saw that on the way in, I think." Mat contributed. "Okay. Everyone get ready, we'll leave in ten minutes." I finalized, and then walked off to get my shoes.

<Time skip: They started their walk!>

The seven of us started down the street towards the little park I so often went to. I always walked here when I just wanted to think, I strolled around with my music and earbuds. I knew this place like the back of my hand. "That way." I pointed down the street. "I love Florida." Preston sighed, looking around at the sky. It was slowly turning pinkish-orange, the sun was starting to set. "Me too." Rob agreed. "Same." Mat added. "A lot better then England." Vikk said. We continued walking and finally made it to the park, with the sun glowing as it fell over the horizon.

We started down a little trail that I always followed, because none of them knew where they were going. The other six started talking and joking and bantering around, but I stayed quiet. I was thinking. How within 24 hours I'll get to be back in the embrace of Jerome. He'll be 100% safe, I'll be able to see his smile and hear his laugh in person for the first time in so long.

I didn't realize that the guys had strayed off the trail and found a little hill, where we could see the sunset perfectly. It was gorgeous, the sky painted vibrant oranges, pinks, blues and purples. We all stood and stared. A few of the guys even got out their phones to take pictures. "Wow. This is one of the best I've ever seen." I admitted, smiling at the sky above me.

We watched for a few more minutes, and finally, Brandon yawned. "I'm tired." He stretched out the words. "But I wanna watch the sunset!" Preston complained. "Just a few more minutes, Brandon?" I asked, glancing back at him. He nodded, he was curled up against Mat anyway. I smiled as I looked around. Mat had Brandon locked in his arms, and Brandon's head was on Mat's shoulder. Lachlan had picked up Vikk and was standing with him on his back, staring over the hill. Preston was holding Rob's hand and leaning on his shoulder, Rob Smiling down at him. I sighed. "You guys are all so cute, with your couple-y-ness. You need to stahhhp." I stretched the last word. "I'm pretty sure we look so much cuter then them." A voice from behind me said. I knew that voice all to well.

I spun around only to face the love of my life, my one and only Jerome. I immediately started crying, and ran straight to him. I jumped on him and wrapped my arms and legs around him, and he held me tight. "I can't believe it." I whispered through my tears. "I missed you so much, Mitch. I love you." He smiled at me. "I love you too. So so so so much." I answered, pulling his face closer to mine and smashed my lips on his. He smiled on my lips, and I pulled away. "You have no idea... How much I missed that." I cried. "Believe me, I do." He answered back, and finally set me down on the ground. I didn't let go of him. I kept my arms tightly around his waist, buried my face in his shoulder and cried more. "Why are our crying, baby?" Jerome whispered to me. "I missed you so much... I'm so happy." I answered, and I heard a chorus of 'Aws' from behind me. Then I remember my six best friends were standing behind me. Rob, Lachlan, and Mat had their phones out and facing us. "They knew!" I said quietly to Jerome. Then I yelled at them. "You knew!" I cried, and they all beamed and nodded. "I hate you all... but I love you guys." I said, giving them a weak smile. Preston and Brandon suddenly gasped, and I turned back to Jerome. But he wasn't standing anymore. He was on one knee.

"Mitchell Hughes, it's been 237 days since I saw you last before this. And every day, I realized more and more how much I loved you. And I don't even want to think about any coming days that I'll be without you again. I want to be with you for the rest of my life. So, Mitch," Jerome pulled a small box from his pocket, opened it, and held it out to me. "Will you marry me?" He asked, and my heart almost stopped. I couldn't speak, so I nodded furiously. More tears rolled down my face, and Jerome stood and slipped the ring on my finger. "Y-Yes." I stuttered, finally finding my voice, even for a second. "I love you so much, Mitch." He said, quickly kissing me again. I smiled at him. "I love you too. Welcome home."

::A/N::
I was watching military homecomings on Twitter and then this happened oh my god fluffy feels ~Rosie <3