Preston/TBNRFrags: Control

They think sending me away from the city would get rid of me? I was the most powerful being on the planet. I could make them all bow down to me, and do as I say. I could kill them all. They think because I'm different, I should be outcasted, used? Oh, no no. I'll get back to that city, damn right. Being pushed away has only made me stronger.

They send me away to find them a fortune, a chest filled with diamonds and gold

A monster, they said. A freak. A disease. But I was so much more than that. And they were so much less. They were the monsters. Just because I was a little abnormal doesn't mean I was any of the insults they threw at me. I was power. I was a rebel. I was a mob.

The house was awake, the shadows and monsters. The hallways, they echoed and groaned

I remember the day they came. I was weak then, I was afraid of them. They came in fireproof suits, so I wouldn't burn them. And the ten year old me was terrified. I cried for hours, waiting for them to come and extract me from my home. My parents had done a great job at hiding me, but my power was too strong. I set fire to the classroom. And then three days later, they kicked me from the safety of the city and into the outside, war-torn world.

I sat alone, in bed till the morning. I'm crying "They're coming for me."

They told me I could stay if I let them test me. But I knew I couldn't do that. Something forced me against that. Besides, it's not like I knew how I did it. I was just born this way. My mother adopted me when I was real young, so it's not like anyone could tell me why I'm this way, or what I really am.

And I tried to hold these secrets inside me, my mind's like a deadly disease

It was in the desert, two years after I'd been abandoned, I found out about Frags. He was the one who knew of my full potential. He was the one who helped me survive all these years, my only friend. Yet, he was all in my head. He took me over sometimes... When anger and grief and sadness became too much. He'd destroy everything in his -our- path. But I knew I was the real powerhouse.

I'm bigger than this body, I'm colder than this home, I'm meaner than my demons, I'm bigger than these bones

It didn't take me long to find Fort Worth. I found kind people in Mexico -which was apparently where they'd shipped me too- and they'd helped me get home. "Home" is a term I use loosely, because was it really my home if they kicked me out for being different? No, probably not. It's like a family disowning a child for being gay. They don't truly accept who I am. The people I grew up with in school hated me. I'd play with fire, or Frags would take over (at the time, I didn't realize it was him) and they'd run away screaming and crying. You could imagine how many friends I had. I didn't mind, though. I personally thought my flames were pretty sick.

And all the kids cried out, "Please stop, you're scaring me" I can't help this awful energy

It wasn't only children that were afraid of me. Parents and teachers and neighbors were petrified. They wouldn't let me near their children, or into their schools and houses. The younger me was always so sad, when one of my "friends" wasn't aloud to see me anymore because of their parents.

Now I realize, it's them who should be sad. Because I'll destroy everything. And they'll wish they let me in.

God damn right, you should be scared of me, who is in control?