Bajanless/Ritch: Speak Now

A/N: my 2010 jam ~R

~Rob~

I really shouldn't be doing this. I know it's wrong. But what other choice do I have?

I am not the kind of boy who should be rudely barging in on a white veil occasion

His stubborn ass won't let that bitch go. Everyone hates her, and he knows it. Hell, he even hates her ninety nine percent of the time. Why can't he see I love him more?

But you are not the kind of boy who should be marrying the wrong girl

I adjust my jacket and slip through the doors, keeping my head down. I can see Preston, Lachlan, Vikk, Brandon and Mat huddled together talking. Only Preston knew I'd be here.

I sneak in and see your friends

I walk up the the boys, getting a chorus of hellos and 'where have you been?'s. "I wasn't invited..." I whisper, and they all gasp.
"No, why?" Mat asks, confused.
"Why are you here then?" Vikk glances around nervously.
"Isn't it obvious?" Preston grins, directly at me, while the others turn to him. "Robby's gonna get his man back."

And her snotty little family all dressed in pastel

"What?!" Lachlan and Brandon exclaim in unison, immediately getting shushed by the others as a couple members of her family walked by. Those stuck up pricks...
"Dude, how?" Lachlan asks.
"I don't know," I admit, "but you aren't going to stop me, are you?" I ask, hopeful. They all exchange glances, half smiling and half cautiously.
"Dude, none of us like her anyway. You're better for him." Brandon laughs, and the others nod in agreement.

And she is yelling at a bridesmaid, somewhere back inside a room wearing a gown shaped like a pastry

"Yeesh," Mat looks around cringing, "you can hear her screaming at Louise."
I chuckle. "See, I'm nice to my friends. I love you nerds." I smile sweetly, and they laugh. They begin another conversation, and I just look around. This is in no way Mitch's doing. Inviting the guys had to be the only thing Mitch was allowed to do.

This is surely not what you thought it would be I lose myself in a daydream where I stand and say

I didn't want to think about what would happen if Mitch went through with this. He'd be beaten down and crushed into some form of the man he was afraid to be, who bends at his wife's will and is miserable being tied down to her. See, I wasn't selfish. This was for his own good too, right?

"Don't say 'yes', run away now, I'll meet you when you're out of the church at the back door. Don't wait, or say a single vow, you need to hear me out" when they said "speak now"

Before I knew it, everyone was in their seats and the wedding march was playing from the organ in the corner. I quickly ran and hid, as Mitch and the priest took their spots at the alter. Goddamn does Mitch look good in a tux.

Fond gestures are exchanged, and the organ starts to play a song that sounds like a death march

I watched on as Ryan, Jerome, and Alex all walked one of Jess's bridesmaids down the isle to their designated spots, sighing when the doors closed for the last time. I was supposed to be one of those groomsmen. In fact, I was supposed to be the groom.