Pitch/Merome/Perome: The Choice

A/N: I mean, cmon. After Ireland... It was destined to happen.

I had the lyrics originally, but decided against having them in. That's why awkward cuts. You can still listen :)

Also, Troyler_xo , can you guess my new favorite ship! YEAH! It's this beautiful cross ship :) COME AT ME BRO, CROSS SHIPS RULE!

-----------

Could I be any less subtle? I've done everything but flat out tell you.

Hi, yes. I know you love him. But where's he when you need him?

Because it's not like I'm always here. It's not like I'm the one who helps you through everything when he's off with Rob, Vikk and Lachlan, doing God only knows what.

No, I'm not salty at all.

Mitchell Donnell Ralph Hughes, go get some glasses. You blind. 

Though, maybe I'm the blind one. Thinking this will actually work out. I mean, you've known Jerome, like, longer than I've been alive. Just kidding. But he was there years before I even knew you existed. And you know what they say, a relationship that lasts longer than 7 years is bound to last forever.

And I don't think you realize it, Mitch, but today is seven years since we met. It's November 4th, 2018, if you didn't notice. You probably didn't.

But it's been double that time with Jerome, for you. So why pay attention to lonely old Pressy in the corner? Exactly. No point.

Jerome is your perfect match, anyway. Your other half. It's not 'Mitch' and 'Jerome' anymore. It's 'Mitch and Jerome'. And Preston. Just chilling over here. Duces.

I think I should just give it up. This is pointless, really. You're in love with Jerome, Jerome's in love with you. Perfect.

At least... That's the way it's supposed to be.

It's not supposed to be Mitch and Preston. Oh no. God forbid. It just has to be Mitch and Jerome. That's not how this stuff works.

Yeah, Jerome, you win. You do. You can have him. It's not like I love him more than anything else on the face of the planet, no no. He's yours to have and hold.

But so help me, Jerome Aceti, if I find out you've hurt him in any way, shape, or form, you will not live to see another day. Do not test me.

Back to you, Mitch. You probably read through what was intended to Jerome. So there it is. The final truth.

I
Love
You.

Yes, you. You freakin dork. I love you, you got that?

I'll give you a moment, to process and all. Things make sense now, right? They all add up? Yeah! Magic, how that works.

All the subtle, smooth -well, maybe not smooth- lines about being in love, all the "for the camera" acts when we're together... Hits you real good, doesn't it.

Now, he--... Oh. You're calling me on Skype! Hold on.

... I can't believe it. I shouldn't have answered. God, what am I doing? Here I am, crying and complained over my feelings for you while he's there putting a ring on your finger.

I should've fuckin' known.

There goes my chance.

You know what? That's fine. That's okay. I'm so fucking happy for you, Mitch! Congratulations. Let's force a smile and attempt not to break down in sobs as he describes what a perfectly romantic night he planned for you, the one that ended in your engagement.

Still not salty. My tears are, though. 

But in all seriousness, Mitch. I am actually very happy, because you are. As long as you're happy, so am I.

Oh, who am I kidding.

Good luck with your life with Jerome, Mitch. I hope the two of you are very happy, along with very successful.

Best wishes and all my love,

-Preston §

P.S. I did this for you. So you wouldn't have to make your choice, I made it for you.

. . .

Preston Blaine Aresment was found dead in his apartment by his sister, Keeley Aresment. The boy had a rope around his neck and pills down his throat. Keeley was far too late (by no fault of her own) to save her brother.
It was November 4th, 2019.

The day of Mitchell and Jerome Aceti's wedding.