Jerome/JeromeASF: Family

A/N: ... JackVerm all you need to read are the last six lines mate :> you won't get the rest

Jerome loved his family.

Sure, his family was made up of lava mobs, slime boys, robots, humans, and everything in between, but did he give a damn?

Nope.

His goals was to enjoy life, have fun and protect his family.

And be a badass doing it, of course.

Jerome was happy.

But, all good things must come to an end.

Including, sadly, the wonderful family that belonged to Jerome.

-•-

The Miners started the war.

Bombs flew and missiles launched and it was not a good time for Jerome and his family.

Being the Bacca, being the strongest, he did all he could to protect the ones he loved.

And he tried, tried harder than Lachlan at a rage game.

Ian was the first to fall.

To say the least, the cake was a lie.

After that, after seeing Ian get blown up, after seeing how badly it hurt Quentin, after seeing how shaken up Vikk was, Jerome swore he wouldn't lose anybody else.

And he tried his best.

Rob was the second to go.

No one had any idea until it was too late. What kind of person do you have to be to put land mines in a field of flowers?

Jerome had to deal with a sobbing lava mod for days and days on end, promising that Rob was watching down on him and practically forcing Preston to keep living.

But eventually, Preston gave up.

Preston, the third death, followed his lover.

When no one was watching, the fiery boy traveled to the river, and, well... Jumped.

Jason was not okay when he was the first person to find Preston's body. No one really was. Preston was one of the most happy, childish, uplifting people the family had. He was like the energetic three year old no one could get enough of.

What do you do when your energy dies?

After grieving for ages, things seemed to lighten up for the family. With only two thirds of the Pack, five of their best friends and six members of the team left, the fifteen remaining boys made a vow to never left themselves forget the fallen trio, and to protect each other at all costs.

But when diseases strike and the boys aren't exactly doctors - Jordan's two minute med-school crash course doesn't count - their numbers were dwindling.

Kenny, Brice, and Ty took fourth, fifth, and sixth.

Choco wouldn't communicate with anyone for weeks. He was their scouter, the eye in the sky, and he knew it; but he couldn't bring himself up.

Seto's world was dulling. Brice was his color, his art, his everything, but the show was over.

And Adam, oh, the poor boy... Just, lost. His fun loving, ecstatic personality dropped in the blink of an eye.