Veston: Heroes and Villains (Part 2)

+Preston's POV+

Life goals achieved; I kissed Vikk.

And it was more perfect then I'd ever imagined it could ever be. His lips moving perfectly with mine, my arms around his waist as his hands slipped into my hair. Eventually he pulled away, I saw subtle tears in his eyes. "Vikky, are you alright?" I asked, instantly assuming that it was my fault. "Y-Yeah. It just hurts to move my arms..." He said shyly, looking away from me. "Oh god, I'm sorry." I said, taking a few steps back from him. "Nah, it's okay. But I'm kinda tired. Wanna just... I dunno..." He looked up at the ceiling, as if it could give him the words he was looking for. "Sit up in your room and cuddle?" I suggested with a smile. "Yes." He answered immediately. My smile grew, I carefully took his hand and we walked upstairs into his bedroom.

Vikk flopped onto his bed and I jumped in beside him, wrapping my arm lightly around him as he turned on the TV and flipped through channels. Eventually he stopped on some comedy I'd never seen, and set the remote down beside him. He curled up into me, laying an arm over my stomach and his head on my shoulder. He looked so relaxed... And so adorable. "Hey Vikk?" I asked, looking down at him. "Hi." He answered, giggling slightly as his eyes met mine. "Vikk... I love you." I said, and his eyes widened before he smiled shyly at me. "I love you too, Preston."

•<•Time Skip•>•

"Welcome back, Star!" Once again, lava flooded the streets and I stood atop a large stone pilar. This was only our second battle, and I hoped I could get something personal from him. Something I can start destroying him slowly with. "You aren't getting off as easy as last time." My opponent sneered, glaring at me. "Wanna bet?" I replied, smirking even though I knew he couldn't see. Instead of answering, he balled up some water and whipped it at me, but i had just a good enough reaction time to be able to dodge. Soon, a wall of lava was towering over his small wave of water. I sent it crashing down on him, and while some landed around him, the rest instantly cooled and formed some kind of dome around where he was. Gosh dang that water. Star busted through the top of the dome and stood there, awaiting my next move. Not knowing what to do, I jumped from my place on my magma rocks and towards him, getting serious air time before I stood in front of him, flames lighting my hands as I reached for his shoulders. He learned from last time though, having his own attack. He had his hands above his head and shot water straight down, so when I reached, the flames were instantly put out.

Then he flicked his wrists towards me, the water coming more forced them before. I stumbled back, falling towards the lava river beneath me. Thinking quick I parted it, so I hit the cement below. Not that it made a difference, I still hit the back of my head on the concrete. Again. "Every time." I muttered to myself.

I could see a smirk on Star's face. From the impact of the fall, was dizzy, I wasn't able to move quickly to get up. I watched in a blur as he cooled the walls around me so lava wouldn't seep towards me again, and then jumped down in front of me. My vision didn't return to normal until Star was hovering over me, using his knees to keep my legs down and his hands held my arms. "Hm. I hoped I'd be in this position. Maybe I could see who you really are." He said, moving one oh his hands slowly off my arm. He pulled my bandana off me slowly, looking carefully at my lips in particular. "Half way there..." The smirk returned as he lifted my glasses. He nearly dropped them again as he whispered something barely audible. "P-Preston?"

<<Switch: Vikk's POV>>

No. No, this can't be right. My nemesis cannot be Preston. Nope. Nah. Not happening.

"Wait... No." Preston gasped, finally finding the strength to push me away. "I-I..." I couldn't find words. Honestly, i didn't know what there was to say. "Bacc!" I screamed, as loud as I could. Lucky for me, Preston and his other two friends teamed up, so both Rob and Jerome were with me again. Jerome was at my side in seconds, glaring at Preston. "He won. I can't do this, we need to go." I said, unable to even look in Preston's direction. "What happened?" He whispered. "Later. Just get me out." I said softly, feeling tears threatening my eyes. Jerome wrapped his arm around my waist and whipped one of his vines, and before I knew it we were swinging through the streets in search of somewhere to hide. Behind me, I heard one loud call of "Benja!" And "Nooch!", telling me Preston was calling his two friends off.