Veston: Heroes and Villains

(A/N: Pretend everyone is the same age XP)

+Preston's POV+

It's so wrong. It shouldn't be, considering who I am, but it is. I hate lying to my best friend -my crush, the guy I love- but I have no choice. He'd hate me. Everyone else does.

What sucks about being a fire Elemental is I was sucked into evil as a baby. It's what I grew up with, my mother was one of the worst villains this city ever saw. It also sucks that I have to live a double life, tackling heroes in one and homework in the other. And the fact that I have to lie. Being evil, it shouldn't be a problem, but it is. Especially to Vikk.

He must think I'm extremely clumsy or something, because every time I come home after a training battle, and I'm cut up and bruised and scratched, he'd always be there to help me. Excuse after excuse slipped from me, and he just excepted them all without question.

----------

Now with our world, things were "different." For one thing, the Elemantals were real. Fire, Water, Earth and Air. Elemantals were born every twenty years, so only certain generations become heroes and villains. Lucky for me, I was in one of those generations. And in most cases, Fire and Water were enemies, obviously, along with Earth and Air. Fire and Air were considered the 'evil' side, while Earth and Water took the 'good'. But not everyone was an Elemental. Everyone else was just normal, witnesses to the battles and casualties in war. It was a pretty awful thing, but it's all anyone knew. And the worst thing about it? Vikk was normal.

Not only did we have sides that were enemies, but each particular villain (or hero) had a certain nemesis, or specific opponent in battle. They take our strengths and weaknesses, compare them to what they know about heroes strengths and weaknesses, and then assign them to us. I don't know how they do it, getting both sides to know their enemy, and no one questions it. But that brings us to where we are now. The Announcement.

All Air and Fire Elemantals met together for our announcements. I was hella scared, even though I shouldn't be. I knew a lot of the reputations of heroes from gossip and stuff, but still. "Hey, Pressy, you look nervous." My friend Lachlan, an Air Elemental, interrupted my thoughts. "I dunno why I'm scared but I am." I said, and he laughed. "There nothing to worry about, bro. It's not like your gonna end up with me." He said, slinging his arm over my shoulder as we walked into the Announcement hall. "Alright, peace, I gotta get with the airies. See ya." Lachlan spilt away from me, heading over to the Air section of the hall. I went towards fire, sitting by another friend of mine named Mitch. The two of us made small talk until a burst of light caught our attention.

"Air and Fire!" The man who shot the light yelled, and everyone cheered. "This is how this is gonna work. You're name, -not your real world name, the villain name you picked- will be called, along with a hero. They will appear on the screen behind me. The hero called is your mortal enemy, who you will do everything and anything you can to destroy them. On or off the battlefield. That means you can get into their personal. Remember that, any way at all. Good luck, young Villains." The man finished as the room darkened and a screen lit up.

"Hey, what name did you pick?" Mitch asked from beside me. "The Mob." I replied casually. "Sweet. I took Benja." He replied. "Nice mate." I said, before turning back to the screen. I waited a few minutes before a few familiar names were called. "Nooch," a friend named Mat, an Air Elemental. "And King." An Earth Elemental, all for flowers. "Benja," I glanced over at an anticipating Mitch. "And Bacca." Mitch grinned evilly. "That axe will rust." He muttered, and I snickered. "The Mob," my own name caught my attention. This is it. "And Star."

<<Switch: Vikk's POV>>

"Star," That's me. I smiled, seeing my own name appear on the large white screen. "And The Mob." Hm. Heard he had a strong rep. Not for long.