Poofless: Soap (part 1)

A/N: Hey guys it's Madi, I'm back again :)
I finally am able to not be busy and write for once. It's nice just to sit down and take a break for once haha. Anyway I love Melanie Martinez and this song from her album crybaby . I hope you guys like this one shot :) ilysm
💖

Preston's pov:

Standing in the shower, steam coming up into my face, the slight sweet scent of a candle burning filling up my nose. For some reason this reminded me of Rob. All I could think about was the boy with the dark brown ruffled up hair and his big shiny brown eyes.

Think I just remembered something I think I left the faucet running now my words are filling up the tub. Darling, your just soaking in it But I know you'll get out the minute You  all your fingers pruning up.

I got out of the shower got dressed. Just as I was about to text Rob, I heard a knock at the door.
Tap.
Tap.
Tap.
I rushed downstairs almost tripping over the old worn out rug at the bottom.

I'm tired of  being careful,tiptoe, trying to keep the water warm.

I opened the door only to see the guy of my dreams. Rob. My heart skipped a beat when he asked if he could come in.
Yea, of course Rob your always welcome. I said with a big smile spreading across my face.
Thanks bud, your always welcome at my place too. The boy said.
Why wasn't Rob back in Canada did something happen?
So Rob, what brings you back to Texas?         Not that I was complaining... 
Well I came down to visit some family and I thought I should come see my favorite little lava mob. Rob said looking out the window. 
Wow Rob I love you. I thought, wait no Preston stop he doesn't feel the same way just stop.

Let me under your skin, uh oh there it goes, I said too much, it overflowed
Why do I always spill?

Rob looked at me confused, as if he were trying to figure out what was going on in my head. What? He looked at me bewildered. Nothing. I said brushing the fact off. Trying to hold back what I really thought.

I feel it coming out my throat
Guess I better wash my mouth out with soap. God I wish I never spoke now I gotta wash my mouth out with soap.

Rob?
Yes Preston?
Wait um... Never mind.
Preston.
Whhhhhattt. Ok fine
Rob looked at me like I was keeping a secret from him, which I kind of was...
Rob I have to tell you something even though you might not feel the same way, I-I like you, more than a friend.

I think I got myself in trouble so I fill the bath with bubbles Then I put the towels all away. Should've never said the word "love" Threw a toaster in the bathtub. I'm sick of all the games I have to play.

Awe pres- before Rob could finish I ran out of the house a warm stream of tears streaming down my face. I stepped out into the rain and the cold air hit me like a ton of bricks. The wind was blowing my wet hair into my face causing it to block my vision. I could hear Robs footsteps in the puddles behind me. PRESTON WAIT YOU DIDNT LET ME FINISH! He said running out of breath. It was foggy and the street seemed quiet, two bright yellow lights came up in front of me but I didn't really seem to notice in the moment. A loud beep of the car horn startled me as I looked up from the street the sound was ear piercing and seemed to be drawn out. Everything seemed to go so fast, Rob screamed PRESTON WATCH OUT NO!
Then someone pushed me out of the road and fell onto the cold wet grass. That's the last thing I remembered before I blacked out.

I'm tired of being careful, tiptoe, trying to keep the water warm. Let me under your skin. Uh oh, there it goes, I said too much, it overflowed. Why do I always spill?

I woke up in the hospital. The bright white fluorescent lights blinding me. The soft beeps of the heart monitor going of at a steady pace. A nurse walked in and I jumped a little, hello Preston, I'm Matt and I'll be your nurse for the time that you are here. He said.
Wh-What happened to me? Where's Rob?!
I said scared of the answers to come.  Well Preston you were running and a car almost ran into you but luckily Rob pushed you to safety.  He said calmly.
Where's Rob. I said clenching my teeth.

I feel it coming out my throat, now I gotta wash my mouth out with soap. God I wish I never spoke, now I gotta wash my mouth out with soap.

A/N: soooooo sorry for leaving it at a little cliff hanger... idk if I should continue this or not. What do you guys think😬. I really hope you guys like it lol. And who knows maybe part 2 is coming? Ily guys 💖 ~ M