TBNRDuty/Prestlan: Touch of Color

+Preston's POV+

"Preston, hurry!" My friend Kenny called. "We're going to be late!" "One second!" I yelled back. I fixed my gray shirt and my darker hair. I sighed and stepped away from my mirror, walking downstairs where my friend was waiting. "Ready?" He asked. "Yes sir." I answered, and we left the
house.

"Do you ever wonder what color the sky is?" Kenny asked, glancing upwards. "Mitch and Jerome said its a beautiful color. Blue, they said." I remembered, when I asked them after they first found each other. The thing with our life was that everything was black and white. Or gray. We lived in black and white our whole lives, until we found our soulmate. The first time we touched our soulmate, the world blossomed in color. That's how we knew. But sometimes, it was one sided. A friend of mine named Brandon saw color once, when he met this girl Kara. But Kara never saw color.

---------

We walked into the party, the loud music pounding and the smell of alcohol entering my nose. It only took Kenny a few seconds to notice our friends standing near the corner of the room. He took me by the arm and dragged me over.

"Hey Preston! Hi Kenny!" Mat smiled, waving as we got closer. "Hey Nooch. Hi everyone else." I answered, smiling at all my friends. Everyone goes back to their own conversations and I go back to standing there. Kenny comes up to me and hands me a drink. I nod to him in thanks. I go to take a sip but right as I put the edge of the red solo cup (a/n I fill you up) to my mouth two hands come up behind me and grab my shoulders.

I screamed, and my drink flew forward, splashing me in the face. My instincts kick in and I shut my eyes. "Bro your fine" I hear a thick Australian accent say behind me. I whip around to see Lachlan and the first thing that I notice is his piercing, shining eyes.

  My eyes widen when I realize that everything has color. No longer was my world in black and white. I could see the dark color of Lachlan's sweatshirt. The soft light color of his hair. I look around the room to see that everything else is like it too. I look at him with a huge a smile on my face. "Wow." I whispered, still in amazement. "Hey, I know I look good, no need to stare." The cheeky Aussie smiled. And God, was that smile beautiful in color.

We spent the whole night together because I didn't want to leave what I thought was most beautiful and I didn't want my experience with color to end short.

"Wanna head back to my place?" He asked after a while, getting tired of the loud noise. "Yeah sure, just let me go find Kenny and tell him." I answered, and together we wondered off to find Kenny. I found Kenny in the corner of the room with Choco. I stood there for a minute debating weather to interrupt their hot and spicy moment or not to leave it for him to figure out on his own. "I think we should leave it for him to figure out on his own" Lachlan said coming up behind me touching my shoulder with his. The jolt of electricity running through my arm and the color becoming a bit more vibrant was what I had gotten used to in the past few hours, and never wanted to lose that experience again. We walked away from Kenny and Choco hoping that they would go somewhere private and use some sort of protection. We walked out of the party and to Lachlan's car.

---<<Time skip: Few Days Later>>---

Me and Lachlan had been hanging out for the past few days since the party.  We were cuddled up on the couch just talking about random things in life. Right now the colors were as vibrant as they ever had. "Isn't all this color beautiful?" I asked Lachlan with a hint of awe in my voice.

"What color?" he replied sounding confused. My heart dropped to my stomach and my whole world came crashing down. "You don't see it?" I asked with tears pricking my eyes and my voice cracking signaling that I would soon burst in to tears. "I'm sorry but what is going on here?" He asked. I couldn't take it anymore. My heart felt like it had physically shattered. How hadn't he seen it?

I didn't know what else to do, so I stood up without saying a word and left. When I heard him get up after me, I ran. I ran from his living room all the way to his front door and slammed with all of the strength I could muster up out of my suddenly exhausted body. I jumped down all four steps and ran. I ran from him, his house, but worst of all, the color. The one thing that amazed me was suddenly ripped away. The one think that I wanted most in life was slowly fading into the dull nothingness of grey, black, and white. The once vibrant sky was turning grey not just because I was running away from the person who I was able to see it but also because if the dark clouds rolling in. My feet slowed to a walk when I thought I was far away enough. That's when it all hit me. That me and my soulmate weren't meant to be. The drops of water came falling down drenching me in seconds.  My now colorless grey hoodie was soaked and I was now shivering in the cold. The grey around me completely reflected what I was feeling on the inside. I was so caught up in what I was feeling that I didn't notice a figure dressed in a black sweatshirt coming towards me. We crashed into each other and I fell backwards. I expected to hit the ground, I closed my eyes as I waited, but instead a hand took mine and kept me upright. I slowly opened my eyes, mumbling a quiet thank you to the dark stranger. But as my eyes fully opened, he wasn't what I expected. Meaning, he wasn't black and white. Meaning, I saw him in color. "H-Hi." He said, looking at me, eyes wide. "Hey." I answered. "Y-You have beautiful eyes." He told me, smiling. "Thanks..." I trailed off, realizing I didn't know the beautiful strangers name. "Rob." He smiled again. "My name is Rob."

::A/N::
Y'all thought this was Rosie. Nopeeee it's her friend. ITS CJ(_ceceliajane_ )!!!! We collabed on this because I saw something on tumblr. Hope you all had feelings, especially you Troyler_xo   Thank you all for reading and I hope to collab again with her soon!  Byeeee! ~CJ <3