TBNRCanadian/Pitch: I'm Yours

+Preston+

You touch these tired eyes of mine

"You make everything feel so much brighter. Life has so much more meaning around you.

And map my face out line by line

The only person who ever cared about me, truly, is you. You could see when I was happy, when I was pissed, when I was on the verge of a breakdown. And you stood by my side for all of it.

And somehow growing old feels fine

I'm not afraid around you, you know? I can do anything, as long as you are by my side. The world could hit me with its worst, it's dirtiest, it's hardest, but I always knew I'd make it through. It was all because of you.

Listen close for I'm not smart

I'm not the brightest, the cutest, the funniest, and I know that. But you don't seem too. You agree when I say something stupid, just in attempt to make it seem like I'm not alone. You tell me I'm gorgeous. You laugh at all my awful jokes and puns.

You wrap your thoughts in works of art

You, however, are the better half. You're the smarter one, the beautiful one, the funnier one. You are the best thing to ever live and breathe on this very earth.

And they're hanging on the walls of my heart

Sometimes, I wonder if you're an angel. I really think you are. Making me, along with countless others, smile even though you're sad. Causing people to laugh even though you want to cry. Helping people be their strongest when you're at your weakest.

I may not have the softest touch

And I'm too blind to see through your mask. You've put on your show for so fucking long that it's just how I came to know you. I didn't think it was fake. But now I know... And I still can't do a damn thing.

I may not say the words as such

I try, though. I hope you know that... I do what I can from five or six states over. I do what I can through video chats and text messages. Though everything I've ever recorded or written for you. 

And though I may not look like much, I'm yours

How you've stuck by me this long is a mystery... I'll probably never know. Hell, I'm not sure you know either. I'll never understand how I ended up with someone like you in my life.

And though my edges may be rough

The truth is, I've never loved anyone as much as I love you. Not my family, not Rob, Lachlan, Mat, anyone. I've never told anyone that, either... I guess I've been afraid to face it.

I never feel like I'm quite enough

I love you, Mitch.

It may not seem like very much, but I'm yours

Losing myself to you was the best decision I've ever made. I give you all of me, every single tiny piece. And I'll keep on doing it.

You healed these scars

Maybe you don't want me. You don't want everything I've got to give. You probably don't even like me. But I really don't care. I'll give you every worthless piece of me until I've got nothing left to give. Take my mind, take my body, take it all. It's a small price to pay, for you.

Embraced my soul, you loved my mind

In this crazy mess of a life I lived, I was broken, beaten, lost. I was a puppy being kicked right out the door and onto the streets because no one wanted me. I didn't fit anywhere. I didn't have a home.

You're the only angel in my life

But you, being the Saint you are, found me. Took me in. Showed me how to feel and how to love again. Introduced me to a whole new world of color when all I knew was black and white.

The day news came, my best friend died

That color nearly faded again when Rob died. You and I were still exploring together, and he was still my best friend. I'm pretty sure that was the first time I'd ever really lost myself in front of you.

My knees went weak, you saw me cry

I sobbed for hours on end. I curled myself up and I didn't talk to anyone for days. I was dead inside. But you know all that.

Say I'm still the soldier in your eyes

The only person who brought me back to life was you. You came to visit me, out in Texas. You held me while I cried and told me everything would be okay, and that I had to be strong. You told me I had to keep going, for you, and for him.

I may not have the softest touch

So I did. I'm still alive, I'm still breathing, I'm still writing this for you. Rob's been gone for years. And for that matter, so have you.

I may not say the words as such

Alright, Mitch. I'll cut to the point of this. Even though I said it before, I'll do it again; I love you. I love you so fucking much.

I know I don't fit in that much, but

What I really wanted to say was that I hope Jerome treats you well, and even though I can't attend, I can't wait for pictures of the wedding. That's what I wanted to say. But what I'm going to say is this (take it as you will);

"I'm yours."

::A/N::
This was subtle note to my best friend. I'm not even sure if you'll see it, or if you'll know it's for you (though, I hope I made it discreetly obvious with my choice of characters). Honestly, I don't even care if you see it, I just wanted to say it, finally. I just want you to know that I'm yours.

Much love to all of you, Rosebuds, as always, ~Rosie <3