Strike a Pose (PT1//P&R)

"Lights!"

"Camera!"

"I swear to God, put a camera in my face and I'll put a foot down your throat," the model snapped.

The photographer scurried away, not wanting his fancy equipment slammed into the ground.

"Easy, boy. Drink up." The model's stylist, designer, and best friend shoved a coffee into his hands, knowing very well that every other camera guy who came along would get the same treatment as the first until the boy got his coffee.

Rob sighed in relief as his best friend hummed out happily, sipping his peppermint mocha.

He knew he'd eased the tension.

"Alright, Pressy boy, you're gonna finish that mocha that Vik made so lovely for you when Lachlan was ranting in the kitchen, and I'm gonna sort out your outfit and get my makeup ready. Okay, sunshine?" Rob smiled brightly as he turned his back on Preston, flipping through a rack of hanging flannels.

"Yes, Robby... will you thank Vik for me? I don't know if I'll see him." Preston's voice was already calmer, and his face relaxed. His eyes shut gently as he took in the perfect scent of his mocha, and all people around him seemed to relax.

Everyone knew how scary Preston could be, especially before his morning coffee. Rob was a saint to them, the only person who could calm Preston down and reduce him to the harmless angel he really was. Last time someone else tried, the poor guy ended up having to buy an entire new light set. Rob saved the day, running in late and calming Preston down with just the touch of his hand.

Preston had begun to cry that day, the first time half the people in the room had ever seen such emotion from a 'flawless' human being.

Cover boys don't cry after their face is made, as the song says.

But he did. He sobbed, right into Rob's shoulder. The only audible words were "monster," "failure," and "horrible." Rob assured the fragile boy that he wasn't any of that, it was just a bad day. Tomorrow was a new one, and he'd be able to fix his mistake.

Preston gifted the guy some new equipment, but people were still anxious around him. He's unpredictable. The only thing that stayed a constant with Preston was Rob.

But that was another time.

Today was a bigger, better day.

Preston's first cover shoot.

While the model sipped the last of his coffee, Rob had grabbed Preston's outfit.

"Alright, sugar, we're changing up now, c'mon." Before Preston could even put the empty mug down, Rob had his hand and was dragging him off to a back room to change.

Preston tiredly lifted his arms up, knowing full well what Rob would do. Take his shirt off and slip the new one on, but not without a roll of his eyes.

"Alright, hot stuff, let's get you dressed so I can do that makeup..." Rob walked over and slipped Preston's 'fire nation' hoodie over his head, replacing it with a crisp, tight white tee shirt.

Preston drifted away from reality, staring off at his best friend. He admired Rob, more than anyone else. Rob had so many dreams, he wanted to open a flower shop, be a gardener... but when Preston got his big break, Rob threw it all away. Rob went to cosmetology school, learning the trade and becoming one of the best in the industry in order to stay with his best friend. Preston tried time and time again to tell him not to, but Rob loved Preston too much to leave him, to do anything else with his life.

Of course, Preston was a bit too oblivious to pick up on the type of love Rob had for him. Preston took no notice of the loving stares and adoring names Rob sent his way, and as frustrating as it was for the latter, he never gave up.