Kenoco: FOOLS (Blue Neighborhood Part 2/3)

A/N: would like to point out that as often as I use the word in writing, I don't approve of the word 'faggot'. I only use it to add insult from the antagonist of the plot. Thanks <3

><Kenny><

Sixteen years old.

I am tired of this place, I hope people change

Choco and I... We were more than friends. We were in love. He was my one and only. Forever and always.

I need time to replace what I gave away

I couldn't lose him. I don't think I'd be able to live without him. No, I know I wouldn't.

And my hopes, they are high, I must keep them small

"Hey, baby..." He smiled his adorable smile when I opened the door for him. "Hi, Choco..." I pulled him inside, grinning. "What're you up too?" He asked cautiously, raising an eyebrow. He could tell I was up to no good.

Though I try to resist I still want it all

"Nothing..." I pulled him into my bedroom, and kicked the door shut behind me. He sat down on my bed, gesturing me into his lap. I did as he said, sitting down with him. We wrapped our arms around each other, my hands lacing up through his black curls.

I see swimming pools and living rooms and aeroplanes
I see a little house on the hill and children's names

Eventually, we met each other's eyes. In a split second, our lips crashed together, his hands findings their way to my hips. He pushed me back, so I was laying down and he was on top of me. In only a moment, our shirts were gone, and his hands roaming my body, admiring me like art. "I love you." I muttered against his lips. "I love you too." He replied with a smile.

I see quiet nights poured over ice and Tanqueray
But everything is shattering and it's my mistake

A couple days later, I was sitting again on my bed, awaiting Choco's arrival. When my door opened, I looked up, expecting my boyfriend, but instead met the eyes of my father. "Kenny..." "Yeah?" "You can never see Choco again."

Only fools fall for you, only fools
Only fools do what I do, only fools fall

"What?" I was shocked. "Why?" My father laughed sharply. "As if you don't know." "I-I don't... Why can't I see him again? I need him, he's my best friend!" I exclaimed. "He's more than that, you faggot." I flinched back. "D-Dad-" "No, Kenny. You're gay for that godawful prick!" My dad spat. "Shut up! He's not a prick. I love him." I covered my mouth as soon as I said it.

Only fools fall for you, only fools
Only fools do what I do, only fools fall

My father practically pounced on me, slapping me across the face. "Disrespect me one more time," he sneered, "I'll kill both of you." "No, dad, you can't, I-" he slapped me again, leaving a stinging feeling on my cheek. "Dad, I'll break up with him, but I can't just-" "You can, and you will. You're to never see him again." With that, he stood, and left me alone. I burst into tears.

Oh, our lives don't collide, I'm aware of this

Choco didn't show that day. He told me his mother had made plans and didn't bother to tell him about them. He apologized, told me he loves me, and that he'd come by the next morning. I couldn't deny him.

The differences and impulses and your obsession with

When that next morning came, my father and I were working in the shipyard. He was teaching me the proper way to clean the boats. Suddenly, I could see Choco out of the corner of my vision, and my dad could too. "What's he doing here?" He muttered, glaring at where Choco stood. Choco was happily waving me over, a smile tracing his lips. God, those lips...

The little things you like stick, and I like aerosol

"I'll take care of it." I told my father, jogging over to Choco. "Hi lovely, how-" "I don't ever want to see you again." I cut him off, putting my hands on his chest and pushing him away. "Kenny, what-" "Get out of here!" Choco had tears in his eyes, one falling down his cheek. "K-Kenny..." I glanced behind me, and saw my father had walked away. "I'm so sorry." I whispered, before pushing him away again and running back to my father.

Don't give a fuck, not giving up, I still want it all

I couldn't get Choco's heartbroken expression out of my head. Every time I pictured it, it made me want to cry. I loved him.

Only fools fall for you, only fools
Only fools do what I do, only fools fall

Days later, I'd found myself a girlfriend. Korie Joe was her name. She was pretty, and very sweet, but it just didn't feel right. But I had to convince my dad Choco wasn't my everything.

Only fools fall for you, only fools
Only fools do what I do, only fools fall

Korie and I were on our way back from our first official date, smiling as we walked hand in hand. She held on tight, leaning over and kissing my cheek.

I see swimming pools and living rooms and aeroplanes
I see a little house on the hill and children's names

It was then that Choco turned the corner and started walking towards us. When we were close enough, I could see the sadness etched onto his face. He had the same heartbroken look he did before.

I see quiet nights part over ice and Tanqueray
But everything is shattering and it's my mistake

I only glanced at him for a second, before focusing my gaze straight ahead. I could see him look down at Korie and I's intertwined hands, right as we passed. Then he looked down at his own hand.

Only fools fall for you, only fools fall
Only fools do what I do, only fools fall

I didn't look back at him once.

Only fools fall for you, only fools fall
Only fools do what I do, only fools fall

But I should've. I would've noticed the scars that lined his arm.