Positions

Chapter 2

Ninety Days Till The Wedding

Sugar get dressed we have that Elders meeting today. What time? 11 am. Do we need robes Clarence?  No Sugar. What is the agenda? They vote for Marcus to lead in my absence Marcus is fifty years to young to lead Sugar so it has to be put to vote.

What if he losses? Goes to Chance by default. But he does not want to rule baby. He will have to Gabriel he has no choice but to run the covens while I am on our honeymoon. Chance loathes running coven business all he does is shifts it to Niarchos. That's his choice as acting pharaoh but one of them has to sit I am leaving with my sugar and we have no idea when we are returning. Ohhhhh! That sounds so nicccceeee I'm so excited Clarence hummed dancing her around the room half dressed.  Clarence Jesus we are finally goimg! Niarchos is unhappy talk to him Sugar he is moping and groaning hanging his head low. What does that mean Clarence?

Niarchos is my child when he does that he is upset but is not ready to speak on it. He wants to put a time on our honeymoon but I will not we will return when we return. My older children and our younger ones have to get along without us. Speaking of... when is Evan sending David back? School starts soon and wedding rehearsals sugar. He will have him back in time last I heard he was with Sparkle and Caspian hanging with Harlem underwater going to the mermaid clubs.

Okay well summer is almost over all school aged children need to be back on the property before the first day of school sugar you orchestrate that. Yes baby I got it.

Where is Hayden Sugar? Downstairs waiting. For? To speak with you privately vampire king. The couple exited the elevator holding hands they went to the solarium where brunch was set for all elders. Including Zhou and Raven who flew in to be there. Zhou! What a surprise Gabriel ran hugging him. Him being short picked her up kissing her forehead. Raven! He hugged her passing her a box. A fox stole it's beautiful Raven. You will need it if you visit Alaska Cara picked it out jakes mom. I know who Cara is we speak often tell her thank you. Where is Cody? Working the casino with Eagle. Oh, ok I will call her later.

Marcus entered with a pregnant Fi hugging everyone. Again? Ann asked Fi holding her tummy. Hopefully this one is Bishop's so I can tie my tubes grandma. What did Marcus say? Grandma I gave Marcus nine of 11 kids 10 vampire warriors which is what he wanted. I want my body back. She laughed yes ma'am you sound like Gabriel. Enough is enough grandma Ann. They had a seat Hayden stood behind Marcus in the corner.

Hayden sit next to me Clarence called him to sit in Gabriel's chair since she sat next to Niarchos. Well family the time has come for me to take my vampire bride on a much deserved extended honey moon. How long will you be away brother? Caleb asked. We have no idea could be a year could be five could be ten. Ten years? They whispered gasping in shock that is to long Clarence Ann said concerned. Ten years is liken unto a year to a vampire Annie you know this. 

She grinned what about David and Ember they are minors papa? Fi asked. You all will take care of them meaning my older children there are plenty of you to see they are following the rules. If David becomes a handful send him with his father in Haiti Evan will straighten him out and send him back. If Ember is also acting out call Malcolm home or send her to Washington she fears him like she does me when she is wrong. 

My bride and I are tired family we have been through 30 years of obstacles we want to enjoy our money and each other please understand let me take my wife away we need this time to fall in love again. When did you fall out brother? Blaise joked making everyone laugh.

It is too long pop Gabriel is my wife too keep her away 10 years? No pop it is unfair everyone was silent. Niarchos I love you...you know this. I have loved you since you were human but my son, my big strong handsome baby you chose to marry my bride and with this decision comes a heavy cross to bear.  I am the first I have decided to go on an extended honeymoon with my bride.