The Borrowed Book

Chapter 32

Safinah called Kayla who was on her way back. Zion called Fi to Marcus' bedside she sat next to Gabriel Hayden stood behind Clarence as Zion read the medical report.

Marcus is lucky to be alive as you know brain damage in a vampire may or may not be reversible but his head was hit by Niarchos so hard his brain swelled thankfully the swelling is going down really fast. He has a broken nose in three places, broken cheek bones, fractured skull in four places, dislocated jaw I already set.

A broken collar bone both sides dislocated shoulders both. Broken left forearm broken right bicep. Six broken fingers. Fractured spine. Broken ribs 3 on one aide nine on the other. Punctured lung on the left. Broken hip broken femur on the left. Both ankles broken. Four bones in the right foot broken three in the left. Broken eye sockets two.

The vampire is barley alive look he  was upset bad. Zion held up his fists not one defensive wound on his arms no bruising. Clarence he let Nick beat him up why? I have no idea Zion is Marcus sedated? Yes Clarence. Wake him please. But Clarence the pain I--

Wake him I need all of you to leave the room please you too Gabriel go with baby Fi. Okay Gabriel comforted a crying Safinah as Clara walked behind her assuring he is going to be okay. Okay I gave him an adrenaline shot it will only work for five minutes before the sedative takes over Clarence's. Clarence nodded yes Zion exited.

Marcus inhaled deep coughing blood. Clarence wiped his mouth. What happened son? Do not chastise Nick papa promise me. Why not Marcus? Pop please Marcus begged how will I lead if you you refuse to trust me? He struggled to say. Clarence nodded yes wiping tears. Will I be okay papa? Yes son Malcom is outside with Egyptian healers. Call Nick papa. Are you sure Markie? Yes.

Guards.....go find Elder Niarchos. They found Nick at his mother's grave who entered the infirmary covered in Marcus' blood. Blaise was with him smiling Niarchos eyes were swollen from crying. He walked to Marcus who was half way treated. Marcus Clarence called to him Niarchos is here.

Marcus held up his hand Niarchos grabbed it. Better now Nick? Niarchos cried tears falling on Marcus. Yes brother thank you. It is okay Nick it wasn't your fault then it is not your fault now. Stop blaming yourself. There was absolutely nothing you could have done but stay alive brother and that is what you did....you survived the biggest holocaust known to man Marcus slurred his words.

That shit don't come without scars brother it's time to free yourself let go Nick..it's okay. Niarchos fell to his knees crying at Marcus' bedside.  Shhh let it out dad Marcus whispered to his second father resting his broken hand on his head. Clarence and Blaise hugged realizing Marcus broke the rage brewing inside of Niarchos for centuries.

Blaise took Niarchos to his house for some sessions to continue what Marcus began by risking his life for his brother. Mercy snuck in Clarence raised a wind shield around his son seeing the stranger. Pop it is okay Mercy this is.......

Clarence Hollings she grinned I am a HUGE fan sir. Clarence stared at Marcus confused. Pop Mercy is my daughter now I am going to adopt her. Clarence grinned welcome child. Mercy hugged Clarence blushing surprising him. You look bad she said to Marcus. I know. Will you be okay Garvey? In a week or so. She kissed his bruised head. I love you thank you for all this for saving me you really are a prince. Mercy! Baby Fi is calling me I will see you tomorrow Garvey okay?  Okay Mercy.

Clarence stared she is exceptional mentally yes? Yes, papa Marcus dozed as the healers set his bones and Zion watched learning. She needs us. You have your first adopted child my son how does it feel? Clarence teased. Awesome. Marcus fell asleep. Sleep well my son. Clarence went to see Niarchos before his departure.

Grip fell asleep after hearing about Marcus he tried calling Niarchos but did not get him. He called Fi on the mirror in Marcus' room with the babies she said he was with Clarence and Blaise talking. Fi explained to Grip what happened. Wow finally he is talking about it thank Anubis only took what 250 years? Baby Fi giggled. Is Marcus going to live? Yes, thank God Daddy was in such a rage he almost killed him and Marcus let him. Why Fi?! Who knows everyone is acting off these days Grip.

With the wedding so close you would think this is papa's first time marrying mama. Do you think they can get wedding jitters Grip? Pop? Nah he has been married a majority of his lifetime he was married to Mama Fi like what sixty years Fi? Something like that Grip. Now he has fifty with Gabriel that is 110 years out the three hundred plus years he has been alive Fi. I never thought of it that way Grippy.

You have been married most of your life to Marcus they said it on TV remember? Safinah grinned I was fifteen the humans say I was a child bride and he was a child groom. Yeah well what do humans know about vamprism Baby Fi?

We have been married 35 years Grip and we have been together all fifty years. Grip smiled at her mathematic memory. How long with Bishop? Oh not long about fifteen. That is still good Fi. Yeah I guess. When are you marrying Rose? Rose does not want another husband. Yes she does Grip you never asked her right. Deep down inside Rose is still old fashioned like papa and Uncle Chance she is waiting on you. Grip grinned I already Married Faith in Vegas. Yes we know fast and furious we saw the video Mr. Elope and not tell baby Fi.

Sorry baby girl. No you aren't they laughed. See you at the dinner and photo shoot Grip papa said for the family photo the uniform coven necklace he gave his children and uniform crown. Yeah yeah Grip joked the medallion with the rose? Yes and the matching coven ring and crown. Yes ma'am. I will be there tomorrow to see Marcus. Okay. I was wondering why my Egyptian tats kept lighting goodnight Fi. Goodnight Grippy.

Grip looked up drawing his gun. Lower it Grip. Grip fell to one knee realizing who was in the corner. Lord Thoth how may I be of service? Please rise. Grip sat back on his bed smiling. It is a simple ask young ancient.

Tavarus, I have come for my book...The Book of Thoth.

Thoth The God......