Gabriel's Reading

Chapter 63

As usual Justices house filled up fast. Gabriel looked out the window to the suite Justice built for his brothers visits he had a wing of the old castle to himself complete with his own staff of fifty. I thought we were having a small affair daddy Gabriel pouted. Clarence held her from behind I am sorry Sugar Justice and Fi and Malcolm have made many contacts allies to the crown some of whom have never met us. They need to meet Marcus and we need to line pockets Gabriel you know how this goes Sugar. How about we sneak out early to the barn and make love you can pretend I am a young human again. On the haystacks? Yes Sugar is there any other way? You dirty boy. Clarence licked her neck. Look Evan will keep you company. No he won't Evan knows the liars a d thieves of London he will be at Marcus' side.

Clarence grinned a mother protecting her cub. Her cub and her king did you ever ask Evan about Alexander? No. Why not do you know you met Evan when you were seventeen? Clarence stared at Gabriel amazed she held his hand showing him the night he drove Alexander to meet Evan sharing Evans memory with Clarence.

There was a reason Evan conducted an uprising on that plantation daddy ask him. Clarence shook his head yes. The vampire power couple exited formally dressed. You and Nicky wear a tuxedo like no other men I have seen. That is because you love us and is blinded by that love sugar. True. Stay with Niarchos tonight I am sure he will be more then happy to take my place when I am tangled with Malcolm Marcus Hunter and the male Elders in business meetings.

I recall at out first engagement party it was all about me despite our little distraction called Cody. Gabriel please if you want us to have all this time together I must tie up loose ends so when we leave all this can be behind us.  I won't have to accept business calls...please Sugar I swear I am trying this time. Gabriel saw sincerity in his eyes mixed with sorrow and a dollop of love.

I know daddy sorry for being hard on you. All our sons know tonight is my last night of business before Marcus' ascension ceremony whatever they need they better get done ASAP. Okay...okay...calm down now Clarence Gabriel swept his loose infamous curl from his face. I can see your tats they are holding huh baby? Yes these on my other arm and neck are henna I think? Who did henna tattoos for you and a whole sleeve at that? Guess? Ember? Nope. Winter? Nope one more guess Gabriel stared Sparkle has her look of them magic books you all dabble in written all over you.

Yes they are incantations and symbols only used by old Earth's. What do they do Clarence? Gabriel touching his neck concerned. I will surprise you on our wedding night my love. They look sexy on you I will give you that. Thank you baby. Surprise huh? One i think you'll adore sugar.  I gotta go wait what's this? My gun strapped to my thigh. Ok foxy brown. Heheh silly. See you downstairs who is escorting you down? Who the hell knows. Clarence laughed waving goodbye.

Primped Ginn got to many hair pins in here she fussed over the beautiful hair style be created for her. There was a knock come in. Ah haha again? Yes ma'am second first same as the first. Gabriel held out her hands you were right fifty years ago great seer tell me what you see for me in the next fifty.  Caleb sat with Gabriel no one would have thought when you came into our lives we would be blessed with so much more my love. My nephews and nieces power seers Cairo, Hayden, Egypt, my Destiny and I have had the pleasure of meeting Marcella. The house of seers growing to 88 registered seers with Pratt as our first and only 100% human seer. My nephew...my son Malcolm in charge of the house---

Oh stop it! Malcolm will never remove you as lead seer Caleb you know this. I know my baby he is way to loving and humble but we know I will never touch him or Hayden's powers. Hay is a hard second to Malcolm he is just like his human grandmother Marlene powerful. So tell me Queenie is it a done deal about your grand baby Hayden? It is vampire Elder she teased. Hayden is to sit at the High Vampire Table as his grandfather's Vampire Seer Supreme. Instead of Malcolm Gabriel? No, they want Malcolm to concentrate on vampire human relations and the families diamond, salt, bronze, copper mines. Not to mention the new coal mine and platinum mines Hayden and Destiny are working on located on the estate. You know your bestie made me start the organic farm to table Hollings Farms delivery business again. I just hired the staff back and had fridges added to the green house so everything can be done there and not in the main kitchen Caleb. Is he using the vintage trucks again from the 1900's Gabriel? Those are for local deliveries only and we use the horse and wagons now you can thank Niarchos for that all the drivers are Lycan because of the sun of course. Caleb grinned a smile sneaking on his face as he basked in her happiness and pride of all the businesses her husband owned and ran. What about you and Grip? The marijuana deliveries? Yes ma'am. She pouted Clarence forced us to get human delivery licenses for all our delivery people.

Of course once they learned who we were by our last name they demanded money Caleb. How much? He sipped looking over his champagne glass knowing it was a ridiculous highway ransom request. Enough to send Nicky to make a visit with the first and only payment for the year. Hahaha who sent Niarchos you? No sir compliments of the Pharaoh. Haha sounds like him what did he promise annual payments but all applications must be approved? You know your brother so well Elder he was added to the automatic human payroll payment exchange, even though he changed his mind after seeing Nicky. Hahah Hehhe.

Oh and Chancie just named Malcolm CEO of the Oil fields with Seth in training. As you know Clarence trained Malcolm as a master business negotiator yes? Yes boo. Destiny handles all the paperwork and contracts with the companies for all our mines and the family businesses my salt mines included. She is doing so well Caleb Niarchos placed her over contracts for our business. Nicky's Honey sales are up 63% since Desti took over as our CEO. Clarence has her training Winter and Hayden trains Harlem on vampire Lycan business interactions.

We have so many kids and grandkids there are more then enough careers within the empire for them to master certain skills to work within the family business. Did I tell you Fi opened a veterinary clinic on our Estate Caleb? What happened to the Downtown Georgia and London locations Gabriel? Oh, they're gonna reopen since the war ended. She is working with Rose to start franchises. Fi is hiring vampire and lycan staff since the clinics are expandimg she is putting her veterinary degree to use. Marcus suggested she open one in every township we own you know Caleb Quarry, Cathedral, Lawless, The Black Light District, The Barrios, Cherry Hills and the rest.

Gabriel held out her hands. Caleb was quiet holding them smiling. What? Nothing? What Caleb! You wanna know? Yes! Use birth control. My tubes are tied boy. He grinned. Serious Caleb? Very. Fuck NO! Haha. Not funny Caleb I am making an appointment with Zion.

Ummmmm you better gal cause Clarence don't allow no abortions chile. I know who you telling? I am convinced that fool has baby fever you should see him letting the new babies sleep with us. Why? They need to know our smells Caleb she said sarcastically. Hahah he stays in their minds too connecting all night with them that's why they're so attached to him especially the girls. You see how Destiny and Sparkle are about they papa he can do no wrong. Haha Caleb laughed at her nervous response.

Will I be happy? I mean truly have Clarence to myself Caleb? For a time Clarence was born to lead like the Moses for vampires when was Moses' work done great Queen? When he died. Since vampires cannot die you will always share him one way or another my love.  I will take it great seer she grinned. Come on pretty vampire woman we have a party to attend holding out his arm.

Gabriel giggled as they walked down the winding steps high on life.

Clarence Alexander Hollings King of Vampires Louisiana New Orleans.

Picture Credit:
Prince Myles Hollings.