A Memory

The next morning came way too early for Y/N, she tried to cover her face with the blankets when the sun came in. She heard Alfie meowing at the door to go out. “Go let him out,” Severus groaned. “He’s your cat,” she muttered. He just groaned and turned over. Y/N got up and carefully walked downstairs to let him out, she was deep in the grips of a hangover. She went back upstairs and started the shower, hoping it would make her feel more alive. 

Standing was too much at that moment, her head was pounding. She sat in the bottom of the tub and washed herself. After a few moments, Severus came in, “Are you ok?” curious as to why she was sitting in the shower. “Perfect, thank you,” she said sarcastically. “Of course, I put a potion on the counter for you, take it when you get out,” he insisted. “Thank you, Daddy,” she joked. 

Finally, she willed herself to get up from the shower and get out to dry off. She stood sopping wet looking at the disgusting potion, wondering if her head hurt bad enough to take it. She decided that it indeed and she choked it down, disgusting she thought.

 Y/N wrapped a towel around her body and proceeded to brush her hair out gently. Taking out her toothbrush and toothpaste, she decided to get the taste of last night's alcohol out of her mouth. 

She stood brushing while the tall dark man returned to lean in the doorway. “Please don’t,” she muttered while continuing to brush. He loved gloating when he was right about something. He just cocked his head and smirked. After she finished, she went to the bedroom to get dressed. He had already laid her clothes out and he sat on the bed watching her dress as usual. He chose an oversized emerald green sweater, jeans, bra and panties, and his favorite perfume. 

“Tell me about last night,” he asked curiously while she was getting dressed

“Tell me about last night,” he asked curiously while she was getting dressed. “We went out for drinks, of course,” she said as if it were obvious. “Was your friend there?” he asked, cocking his head to the side with his arms crossed. “Yes Draco was there,” she replied sassily. 

“You know how I mean, do not play with me,” he said in a more serious tone. “Yes unfortunately, he came and joined us, uninvited I might add,” she looked over at him, pulling her jeans up and fastening them. “Anything else?” he asked, not sure that was the full story.

“I tricked him into buying both of us drinks. It’s the least he could do. He asked why I hadn’t been to the bookshop recently,” she replied with a sigh. “What did you tell him?” still questioning her. “Wouldn’t it be easier to look in my memories?” replying as if she were bored with these questions.

He just sat staring at her. “I said I don’t live here normally, I live in the city. I only come out here to relax with my partner. He thought I meant Draco since he was there with me,” she replied, crossing her arms now. He just replied with a hmm and a raised eyebrow.