We Cannot

Content warning: Graphic, talk of SA. Read with care.

Severus rushed back in the door over to Cillian, picking him up off the floor by his shirt and jacket, “If she doesn’t wake up, you will beg for death. Do I make myself clear?” Severus announced. Cillian stammered, trying to get himself free from Severus’ grasps.

 “I only took her memory, that’s it,” he said in an extremely hesitant voice. Draco interjected, “What is going on?” he said moving closer to Severus who was holding Cillian still. He shoved him back before turning to Draco, “She’s pregnant.” 

“I’ll go get my father,” Draco announced as that news washed over him. He sneered down at Cillain as if wanting to kill him, himself. Draco took some floo powder, throwing it in the fire, announcing “Malfoy Manor” before he was sucked through. 

Minerva walked over to Severus who was absolutely seething at this point. “You can’t do much to him until we find out what he actually did to Y/N. If you beat him senseless, that won’t help,” she said frankly. 

“We beat him half to death last time. Three of us. We attempted to erase his memory. Here he is with an untarnished face and an exact memory of what happened that night. Camouflaging spell perhaps,” Severus spoke with a cold blank stare. 

He didn’t take his eyes off of Cillian until Lucius and Draco arrived. “Severus, what is going on? Draco explained nothing, just grabbed me,” he sneered down at Draco. 

“It appears we need to interrogate this little worm further. He did something more serious to Y/N. She progressively got sleepier every day until she wouldn’t wake up this morning. Madam Pomfrey just informed me that Y/N is at least three weeks pregnant. That is what is going on,” Severus replied as she didn’t take his eyes off Cillian for a second. 

Cillian said nothing, just shifting his eyes back and forth between the three men. “Don’t do it here,” Minerva announced in irritation.

 “You are so right, Minerva. Send Draco to retrieve me if anything happens,” Severus announced as he grabbed Cillian by the shirt dragging him out of the room with Lucius following behind. Draco announced, “I could help,” as they walked out. Lucius ordered a simple, “Stay, Draco.”

Draco went to the side of the bed to sit with Y/N, taking her hand in his. He looked up at Minerva, “What if she doesn’t wake up? What will happen to the baby?” with tears welling up in his eyes. Minerva just looked down with a sigh, “I cannot answer that, dear.”

“Maybe I should go get Pansy. She has a right to know,” he said standing from the bed, unable to stop the tears from flowing down his cheeks. 

He walked solemnly to the floor, taking himself to Pansy Parkinsons house. Once inside, he found Pansie's mother but was told that Pansy wasn’t there at the moment. 

“Tell her to come to the castle. Hogwarts Headmasters Chambers by floo. Something is wrong with Y/N,” he told her, quickly coming back to the castle. “Oh, bloody hell. Her cat. I will go get him,” Draco announced, throwing some floor power into the fire, “Y/N Snape, Maple Street.” 

He came out the other side searching around for Alfie. Draco knew that cat was her baby, it only seemed right for him to be there. Alfie was by the back garden door waiting to come inside. 

He was grabbed quickly and taken via floo to the Headmaster's chambers. Draco cleaned himself and the slinky little boy before placing him on Y/N’s chest while she slept. Alfie spread out on her chest, purring gently as if knowing exactly what to do.