Professor Snape

Y/N stayed in the infirmary helping Madam Pomfrey late into the evening. She was assisting her with one of the students when Severus came in to find her. “It’s late,” he spoke softly. Y/N jumped not expecting his voice. “Merlin, please stop that,” she turned around, annoyed that he kept scaring her. Madam Pomfrey chuckled, “Go on, dear, I’ve got this covered.”

“Yes Madam, I will be back in the morning to see if you need any help,” she said as Severus grabbed her hand walking her out of the infirmary. “What a day, huh?” she said jokingly to the man who was almost dragging her to their chambers. 

“Indeed,” he replied, smirking back at the young woman. “My cat, I have to go back and get him,” she announced, just thinking of Alfie. 

“I already went to retrieve him. Nothing more can be done tonight, we both need to rest,” he responded. “Very well, Professor,” she giggled in utter exhaustion. 

They finally reached the chambers. Y/N sat down to untie her boots to take them off. “Come shower with me,” he said, taking off his cloak. She got up and followed him to the bathroom to undress. The two barely spoke, they were so exhausted from the day. 

They got in the hot shower almost collapsing into each other. “You did so good today, love. For once, I was pleased that you didn’t follow my instructions,” he joked as they stood under the hot water. “Thank you, Daddy. I did my best,” she replied cheekily. 

The two showered and got ready for bed. “I have to ask something now. What happened to Dumbledore?” she questioned as they were pulling the blankets back on the bed. “He went into hiding. There was no other option at the time,” he replied, climbing in and holding his arms out for Y/N. “I knew it!,” she exclaimed, getting into her spot. “Of course, love. You are ever so clever,” he commented. 

Severus wrapped his arms around Y/N , draped his leg over her, almost possessing her entire body. “I love you so much, Princess. I was so proud of you today,” he whispered. 

“I feel the exact same about you, Severus. I was wrong when I asked you to leave the school. I apologize for that. I see now that your hands were tied,” she confessed.

 “I knew you would see it my way,” he joked, leaning down to kiss her head. “Good night,” she replied, ignoring his comment. “Good night, Princess,” he responded.

The morning came extremely early. Alfie was meowing to go out. At Hogwarts, Severus always had to take Alfie out since she had to stay hidden. This morning, Y/N got up out of bed and dressed to take him out. 

“Where are you going?” Severus groaned half asleep. “I’m taking Alfie outside. Go back to sleep,” she told him. Y/N carried the beautiful black cat in her arms out to the courtyard. She had to avoid several piles of rubble from the battle. The school was in absolute shambles in certain areas. Y/N put the cat down to go do his business.

After a few moments, she spotted Professor McGonagol who came over to sit on the stone bench with her. “How are you, dear?” she asked Y/N. “I’m exhausted, how are you Professor?” she questioned.

“Call me Minerva dear. I want you to know how proud we all were of you yesterday. You took the children to safety. Instead of returning to the fight, you chose to complete a vital and much needed task. I was rather impressed, I must say. You are quite the witch,” she remarked smiling over at Y/N. 

“Oh you are far too kind. I did what anyone else would have done,” Y/N replied. She hated taking compliments, especially one of such caliber from Professor McGonagol. “I wasn’t aware that all the students could brew such complex potions, in multiples, under stress no less,” the Professor remarked.