Let Us Never Speak of This Again

Trigger warning: non conseual

You believe he slept next to you all night and nothing happened?” he said in disbelief, shaking his head at her. “Look into my mind before we go accusing him of doing things,” she told the man. “I have but only for a second. I couldn’t find anything concerning, but I didn’t look very deeply,” he mentioned. 

“Tell me exactly what happened, in as much detail as you can. I want to see if it matches with what I saw,” he demanded as he came to sit on the sofa.

 “I went to his room and he hugged me. He went and got supplies for my arm. After that he went to the bathroom to change into sleeping clothes. He um got in bed with me and held me. We went to sleep. That’s basically it,” she remarked. 

“What was he wearing exactly?” he asked curiously. “A t-shirt and sleeping shorts,” she replied as she thought back to the night. “In one of your memories, it was just a blip, but he didn’t have a shirt on,” he admitted as he leaned back against the sofa. 

“Perhaps he got hot during the night or something. He had one on when I went to sleep and woke up,” she responded. “You saw him at some point without one,” he spoke softly. “Maybe I did. I don't remember. I had a lot to drink before I left the cottage that night,” she responded. 

“Why would he sleep next to an already intoxicated and clearly upset young woman? You must ask yourself that,” he scoffed looking over at her. “This is insane, Severus. Honestly. He isn’t like that,” she responded, unable to process the last several questions. “Why are you defending him so hard?” he accused her. 

“Merlin.. Is it my turn to be interrogated now?” she scoffed. “Perhaps something regrettable happened and you asked him to take the memory from you,” he announced. “How dare you,” she spat as she stood up. 

“Your mind has obviously been altered in some way. No other explanation for this level of forgetfulness. One or both of you is to blame,” he responded in the most arrogant of tones.

 Y/N just let out the longest most annoyed huff. “Has it occurred to you that, if he did do something to me, against my will, I would prefer to live without that knowledge?” she spat in frustration.

 “I’ll give him the veritaserum. If I find out something I know you can’t handle, I will not tell you,” he announced. “Could I trust you not to hurt him?” she asked with hesitance. 

“The punishment will fit the crime,” he remarked in a deadly serious tone. “What if I am to blame?” she questioned him with a shaky voice. “Then we will have things to discuss, won’t we, Princess?” he remarked. 

“It’s possible I've just been distracted lately, you know” she remarked looking over at the man. “We shall see won’t we,” he responded, raising an eyebrow. 

“How are you going to approach this? Go see him and force him to take it?” she questioned him. “You are going to get dressed and bring him back here to the castle,” he answered. 

“You are going to interrogate him in our personal chambers?” she said in bewilderment. “Unless you want me to take him to the dungeon for maximum effect,” he smirked.

 “I don’t want to see any of this,” she remarked, shaking her head. “You can go to the cottage, and I'll come get you when I’m..done,” he responded as he walked closer to her.  “You aren’t going to use this an an excuse to just torture him are you?” she spoke softly.