I'm Perfect

A couple of weeks later, Y/N and Severus had been getting along fairly well. He was having irregular moods which Y/N chalked it up to stress about things he wouldn't speak. One afternoon he came to her saying, "I have to go out, I will be back later tonight," while putting on his cloak. "Can I go see Cillian? Please, I need to leave this room," she begged, getting up from the sofa.

He rolled his eyes, "Fine, be back by 10. Be a good girl, I do not have time for nonsense right now." "Yes Sir, I will," she smiled. Severus took the charm off the room allowing her to apparate out of it before leaving.

Y/N went to shower and change her clothes before going out. She hadn't gotten to speak to Cillian since he left that day. She considered sending him a letter, but she really wanted to just speak to him in person. After the shower, she dressed in a green sweater and skirt. It was nice to put something on other than pajamas.

She said goodbye to Alfie and apparated to the village. Her first stop needed to be the Inn. She sighed before she opened the door. The little round woman behind the counter shot up with glee seeing Y/N.

"Oh Merlin, I'm so glad to see you. We had been so worried about you. You look so much better, deary," she said with pure excitement. "I want to apologize for that night. I was going through something. I regret that you and Cillian found me in that state. I came to see him tonight," Y/N said looking back at the little woman.

"It's quite alright deary, we were just so worried about you. I'm so glad to see you again. Please come see me anytime. Cillian will be thrilled to see you," she responded. "Thank you, I will see you later," Y/N said as she waved and went back out to the street.

Y/N breathed in and tried to find the courage to go face him. She walked to the pub, walking through the door as some other patrons were leaving. She looked around for him, but he wasn't there yet. Perhaps she had been a bit early. She ordered a drink while waiting on him and talked to the bartender Seamus. "Have you seen Cillian lately?" she asked the tall redheaded lad.

"Yes, he still comes in most days," he stated while polishing some beer glasses. After a bit, Cillian came walking into the pub. Y/N almost flew off her seat to run into his arms. He grabbed her immediately. "You worried me half to death," he whispered.

Finally, they pulled away from the hug, "I know. Let's go sit, I want to talk," she said, grabbing his hand and pulling him to a table after retrieving her drink. "I'm sorry for that night. I can't really explain it. When I was taken back to Severus', I was so angry. I hadn't planned on seeing him again. My anger was misplaced when you came to see me that day," she spoke softly.

"I forgive you, Y/N. It was just terrifying, if I'm honest. Finding you like that, I had never been so scared in my life," he said trying to hold back the tears.

"It's over now, please. Let's just have fun tonight," she suggested hopefully. "Of course, love," he said, waiving the waiter over for some drinks. "Shots," Y/N suggested as she dropped some galleons on the table. Cillian just smiled, "Shots, I suppose."

The evening passed way more quickly than anticipated, the two got lost in conversation. He was so easy to talk to and the conversation always flowed. Before Y/N realized it, it was past 10 already.

"Merlin, he is going to be so mad. I was supposed to go home a while ago. Cillian, pray for me," she joked, rising from her seat. "Of course, love. I'll pray to Merlin that you aren't eaten alive," he winked at Y/N. The two hugged again. "I'll come see you soon, I promise," she said as she backed up to leave. She apparated back to the Headmaster's Chambers at Hogwarts.

Severus was sitting on the sofa, in what looked like a less than stellar mood. "I'm sorry. I lost track of time," she said as she went to hang her coat up. Severus said nothing but as she turned around, she almost bumped into him.