Curious Key

Once Y/N got there, she sat the little black cat on the couch before going to hang up her bag. “Just you and I now, I suppose Alfie,” she remarked, turning back to the living room. Severus was there already having apparated right after her. 

Y/N huffed when she saw him, “A moment to myself? Too much to ask I suppose,” she went to sit on the sofa. “I’m sorry I hurt your feelings. I have said you were pathetic before when we had sex. I don’t know why you are reacting this way now,” he remarked. 

“You may leave. I am not ready to speak to you. When you return, you may knock at the door,” she leaned back on the sofa crossing her arms. “You’re being an insufferable brat right now,” he scoffed. “Let’s combine the two, pathetic brat. Rolls off the tongue doesn’t it?” she asked with a smile up at him. 

Severus knelt in front of her legs with his hands reaching to her thighs, “Come home,” he said. “I will not go willingly with you. I suggest you take the hint and leave. I will write to you when I am ready to speak to you. I don’t want you to show up here unannounced either. I hope I have made myself crystal clear,” she spoke in a soft calm, dead serious tone. 

“You are coming home, get up,” he scoffed at her with disdain. “Get your fucking hands off me. If you take me anywhere I will never forgive you. I am done being controlled by you,” she spat at him as she pulled her body away from him. 

“How do I know you won’t try to hurt yourself if I leave?” he rose and questioned her in a stern voice. “I promise, I will not. I am not at fault here and will not punish myself for this,” she replied coldly.

 “Do you really want me to leave?” he asked in a hesitant voice. Y/N looked right up at him, “Yes. Come to the door next time,” she replied coldly. “I love you,” he said softly before he backed up. “I don’t believe you anymore,” she replied, waiting for the man to leave. She could see the pain in his face when he heard that. Severus apparated back to Hogwarts without another word. 

“Alfie, I believe I need to go buy food or something. Will you be a gentleman and watch the place for me while I am gone?” she asked, looking down at the sleeping black cat next to her. Y/N pretended as if he answered, replying, “Oh thank you, love.” 

She got up from the sofa to retrieve her bag and slip her sandals on. She looked thoughtfully at the black cat. “I wish I could take you with me. Muggles are so weird about witches with black cats though,” she remarked before unlocking the door and relocking it behind her.

Y/N knew she should be upset about what had happened but she honestly believed it was not her fault. She couldn't take any more of the poisonous words he would spit at her. She walked slowly down the street to the food shop. 

Nothing in the store looked good to her at the moment but she knew she didn’t have a choice. She couldn’t keep punishing herself over this man. Y/N walked slowly around the store, buying enough for a few days, mostly fruit, along with Alfies food.

When she got home she went to the kitchen to up the food. “Well, this fucking sucks, Alfie,” she remarked while looking out the garden window. She went to the living room and turned on the record player. It was definitely The Smiths “Heaven Knows I’m Miserable” sort of night. 

She laid on the sofa for a few minutes before deciding she needed company. She had been to the Manor before, she could certainly take herself there to retrieve her friend.