The Potion Masters, Assistant

The next morning, Y/N woke to the sound of rain on the window. She pulled herself from the bed to throw some clothing on. She put her The Smiths t-shirt on and her jeans to go down. Y/N let Alfie out first, but stood in the doorway debating on going outside or not. She decided to go sit and watch the rain. It was her favorite. It always reminded her of her favorite poem:

"Water

When they ask you why you love

The rain, the ocean, the river

Tell them

It is because

Unlike the people

Who should have

Loved you better,

The water was never afraid

To touch you;

Even when you were

At your most damaged

And broken

-Nikita Gill"

After a bit Severus finally came out, bringing her tea to her. "Thank you," she said, taking it from him. "A lovely morning, I see," he joked, knowing it was indeed her favorite. "Yes it is, if only I could go sit in it," she said hopefully. "Must you? It's a bit chilly," he replied with a raised eyebrow. "I must," she smiled. Severus sighed knowing he was going to lose, "Very well."

Y/N started removing her shirt. "What are you doing?" he asked with a surprised face. "No one can see back here, the shrubbery is far too tall," she said, throwing the shirt on the small table near her chair. She took her jeans off, throwing them to the side. Severus let out a huff. Y/N moved a chair out into the rain, knowing she couldn't sit in the mud in just her panties. He wouldn't allow that. "Thank you," she replied, looking back at him. The rain was a bit chilly but it felt amazing splashing on her skin. It was so lovely and soothing. These were the few times when her mind felt quiet. She knew Severus could feel that because he was always in her head.

After a bit, Severus fetched her a towel holding it out to wrap around her. She moved her chair back to its spot and let herself be covered again. "Thank you. I needed that," she said looking up at the man.

Severus placed his hands on Y/N's wrapped shoulders just shaking his head at the soaked young woman, "Of course, love. That's why you smell of the rain." He was alluding to her scent in the amortentia potion. Y/N went up to shower properly and put her clothing back on, as well as her perfume.

By the time she came back downstairs, Severus was already preparing their breakfast. "I'm surprised I was allowed to shower without an audience," she joked to the man. "I felt it more important to feed you right now. I need to leave for a bit. I have been summoned," he said in a solemn tone. "Boooooo," she replied. Severus chuckled a little.

He brought her over a plate of food. "I don't have time to eat with you. Finish your food. I will see you tonight at the castle. I love you," he said leaning down to kiss her head. "I love you, Daddy," she said as he walked to get his cloak and leave the cottage.

Y/N ate her food while she read her book. Afterwards, she washed the dishes and made sure the kitchen was tidy before she left later. She went to put on her favorite record, The Smiths of course. It was the perfect mood for a rainy day.

A couple of hours later, the rain stopped. Y/N threw on her boots and a cardigan to go for a walk. She was annoyed that Severus had to leave like that but part of her was used to it now. She considered going to see her mother but decided against ruining her own day.