Perhaps You are Incapable

Y/N decided to go find out where the other key was after she had gotten back inside. She apparated to the corridor outside of the Headmaster's Chambers. It didn’t feel right to appear inside without knocking. She knocked softly on the door, after a second she heard shuffling and Severus opened the door. 

Y/N looked around him to see Lucius and Draco standing inside looking guilty. “I want my other key back,” she announced to Severus. “Are you high?” he sneered down at her. “Not enough, apparently,” she remarked. 

“Come in,” he opened the door further allowing her to pass. “Why do you look like a guilty ferret?” she questioned Draco. “Knock it off, Y/N” he replied with a face of annoyance. “He doesn’t have to tell me anything. I read his mind,” Severus announced from behind Y/N. 

Lucius looked positively loving every second of how awkward this was. “Why is Lucius here? Is he also a spy?” she questioned with a raised eyebrow. Lucius got the most delicious look on his face from her comment. “My dear..” he started over towards Y/N. “He is not a spy. He was just accompanying Draco,” Severus retorted before Lucius could answer anything. 

Y/N looked at Severus and then Lucius, “You aren’t going to let him answer for YOU, are you?” she asked. Lucius walked closer to Y/N, with an evil grin.

 “You are such a fascinating creature, I must admit. Alas, I am no spy. I was just coming to visit a dear, old, friend,” he remarked as he loomed down over Y/N. 

“Lovely,” Y/N replied before turning to face Severus. He had a look of pure annoyance on his face that Y/N had come during this time. “May I have my key back, please?” she asked, holding out her palm. 

“Can we not do this in front of my guests?” he replied as he rolled his eyes at her. “I would prefer to keep the guests here if I’m honest. I don't think Lucius would mind at all,” she turned to smile at him. Before Lucius could answer anything, “We are going” Draco responded. 

Lucius looked annoyed at Draco but agreed it was time to go. “Come see me tomorrow, Draco, I would like to discuss this,” she remarked as the two walked out of the room. Lucius smirked back at Y/N as they walked out.

“What the fuck has gotten into you?” Severus spat at her immediately. “Give me my key,” she demanded, holding out her hand again.

 “I don’t need a key to get inside the cottage. You are aware of that. Plus you don’t want any of your little visitors to find a key under a flowerpot,” he remarked leering down at her. 

“Which visitors are those?” she asked the man, boldly. “Apparently the fucking gardner,” he growled. “Right. Keep the key. I couldn't care less at this point. I’m leaving,” she responded. 

Severus reached out to grab her arm but Y/N pulled back immediately. “Let's keep our hands to ourselves for now,” she remarked as she stepped back. “Did you get high with him?” he asked in an accusatory tone. “I did indeed. Not that it is your business,” she responded. 

“Everything you do is my business, Princess,” he announced as he stepped closer to her. “I’m not your fucking Princess anymore,” she replied in annoyance that he would say that right now. “Will you please stop this? I honestly don’t understand what you are upset about,” he questioned her. 

“I will not. You told me I was pathetic. You said it to hurt my feelings,” she remarked angrily. “I’ve said that before while we were having sex, it didn’t bother you then,” he reminded her.