"We're All Mad Here"

Severus just scowled at her words. “I’m more than capable,” he remarked as if astonished she would even ask him a question like that. “We shall see won’t we? Thank you for breakfast by the way,” she remarked looking down at her plate. 

“You’re welcome. You need more food if you insist on staying here,” he remarked. “I see 3 apples on the counter right now,” she remarked as if that were sufficient. Severus just cocked his head in annoyance.

“I’m joking. I know. I wasn’t sure how strong my resolve was going to be this time. I was unsure of how much to purchase. I certainly didn’t anticipate guests,” she remarked “Could have fooled me,” Severus remarked snarkily. 

“He came to do the lawn on Tuesday. Was I supposed to sit here bored out of my mind? He’s a nice fellow, you might actually like him if you gave him a chance. “What did you two.. Get up to?” he asked with intent. 

Y/N just rolled her eyes in annoyance. The man couldn't help himself. “We smoked a joint and then we went to lunch. Just as friends of course. He was a gentleman,” she remarked. Severus just made a displeased hmm sound.

 “I don’t like you getting high with him. I know how you get,” he remarked. “I’m more than capable of controlling myself with other people. You need to realize that. I’m going to have friends and start going out,” she responded as she ate her breakfast. 

“I’m not opposed to either of those things. I do want you to have friends. I just worry about the company you keep trying to make an advance,” he admitted.

 “This isn’t a fairytale, Severus. You cannot lock me away in a tower because of what may or may not happen. If someone were to make an advance on me, you should trust that I would curb it,” she responded softly. Severus just sighed, “I understand. I will try,” he remarked. 

“Are you going back to the castle after breakfast? I’m going out after we eat,” she remarked. “Where are you going?” he asked almost instantly. “Out,” she responded curtly. 

Severus thought for a second and redirected his questioning, “May I come with you?” he asked. Y/N smiled at that, he never asked her, usually only told her of his own plans. “I would love that. I have to go to Gringotts and then I’m going to get tattooed today,” she remarked, waiting for his response.

“Are you going to tell me the subject matter before you get it done?” he asked hopefully. “A surprise. I need my Alice in Wonderland book though. Do you happen to know where it is?” she said.

“It’s in our chambers of course. I can retrieve it after breakfast. I read it while you were gone. ‘It’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then’” he recounted a quote from the book. “You have no idea how happy that makes me that you read it,” she told him with a smile plastered across her face. 

“I love seeing you happy, Princess,” he remarked sitting back in his chair. “Stop, you cannot say that to me right now,” she shook her head with a laugh. “Why not? You are my Princess,” he scoffed at her words.