Mugwort and Mushrooms

Y/N picked up the bottle of anti nausea medicine, shaking out one into her hand, “Don’t mind if I do,” she remarked to herself before throwing it back into her mouth. “I’ll make lunch in a few minutes,” he remarked while reading his book from the other end of the sofa. 

“Mugwort,” she remarked looking into the distance in front of her. “What about it?” he asked knitting his brows together looking over at her. “It might help me see things. It’s poisonous of course, so I should start small, tiny doses,” she remarked as she bounced her foot, still thinking. 

“You’re correct, it’s poisonous in large doses. It’s not recommended for pregnancy at all,” he remarked, closing his book and setting it to the side.

 “Micro doses,” she responded, looking over at him with a raised eyebrow. “I would need to look into that. Don’t take anything without talking to me first. I see where your mind is going with this,” he sighed, rolling his eyes. 

“I would need to wait until later, most likely, around 20 weeks at least. Psychedelics, mushrooms could be very useful. Plus, these things could build a tolerance up in the twins. It could help the girls also, perhaps they would become clairvoyant,” she remarked, still looking into the distance. 

“Princess, you are getting ahead of yourself. Do we need two clairvoyant toddlers running around?” he asked as he went to stand in front of her gaze. 

Y/N snapped out of it to look up at him, “You have a point about that. I’m filled with questions now, though. I need to look into this further when we go back to the castle,” she remarked.

“I hope you are hearing and understanding me, Princess. Do not take anything without talking to me. If I decide to let you do this, I would be supervising the entire thing. I am deadly serious about this. If you took too much of the wrong thing, it could be life threatening for all three of you,” he said in his beautiful classroom Professor drawl. 

“I am going to take that as, a statement from a concerned father and not that you don’t believe in my abilities where Potions are concerned,” she looked up, squinting her eyes at him. 

Severus cocked his head and raised an eyebrow, “Take it how you will. I have far more experience than you regarding these things. I admit, it’s an interesting theory but it needs to be looked into thoroughly before anything is done.”

“I hear you,” she smiled up at him. “Fantastic. Do you understand me? I want your word on this,” he said sternly. Y/N sighed, “Yes. I promise I won’t take anything without your permission, Daddy.” 

“Good girl,” he replied as he started walking towards the kitchen to make lunch. She followed him there to sit at the table with her new book. 

“If I were able to sketch the twins from memory, would you be interested in seeing them? Or is that too weird?” she asked him curiously. “I would love to see them. It would be interesting to see how accurate the dream or.. Vision was in a few years from now,” he remarked as he started making their lunch.

“Pansy and I are both going to get a snake tattoo soon,” she remarked from the table. “You really are getting quite bold, Princess. I don’t recall being asked any of this. The answer is no,” he looked over his shoulder. 

“I already told her yes. Can I please get a tattoo with her? Please,” she asked in an annoyed huff. “Well you shouldn’t have agreed to anything without my permission. You know better than that,” he replied with his back to her. Y/N crossed her arms and huffed, “I thought we were going to have a pleasant day,” she remarked.