Sleeping Beauty

It was a few days later at this point. Severus, Draco, and Pansy took turns watching Y/N. Gloria and Madam Pomfrey would come by multiple times a day to check on Y/N. "About fucking useless Dumbledore was," Draco scoffed as he and Pansy sat on the sofa of the chambers. "Isn't that the truth?" Pansy remarked as she went to the side of the bed.

She picked up the copy of Alice in Wonderland and crawled into bed next to Y/N. They had each taken turns reading it aloud in hopes it would help somehow, even Draco.

"There was nothing so very remarkable in that; nor did Alice think it so very much out of the way to hear a Rabbit say to itself, 'Oh Dear! Oh Dear! I shall be late!" Pansy read from the book softly.

Suddenly, the tiniest whisper of a noise came from Y/N. Pansy looked down at Y/N who was knitting her brows together, making unintelligible sounds. "Draco, go get Severus. She's making noises or something," Pansy announced. Draco looked quickly and ran to Severus' office, barging through the door, with former Headmaster Albus Dumbledore standing speaking to him.

"Oh shit. Oops. Sorry, she's making noises," Draco announced quickly. Severus' head hopefully shot up and they all ran to the chambers quickly. He quickly made his way to the bed, not seeing what the other two had.

"What happened?" he questioned Pansy. "I was reading and she started making movements, sort of noises," she replied. Severus sat quietly for a moment when a smile spread across his face. "The white rabbit. She's dreaming," he remarked, opening his eyes. Suddenly, tears started welling up in everyone's eyes. It was the first sign they had of hope. "Keep reading to her," he said as he got up from the bed to compose himself.

"But when the Rabbit actually took a watch out of it's waistcoat-pocket, and looked at it, and then hurried on," Pansy spoked softly as more movement came from Y/N. "Her eyes are moving," Pansy noted, watching her face carefully.

"She's dreaming of the white rabbit. The waistcoat and pocket watch. She hears us," he remarked as he turned back around.

Pansy had tears running out of her eyes,as she read from the book to her sleeping friend. The tears fell from her face onto the pages. Finally, there was some sort of hope. Severus took Dumbledore out of the room to speak with him privately.

"He isn't even a wizard. He lives as one apparently but there is no record of him in the wizards registry. He owns a wand but does not possess the knowledge or skill to use it correctly. I believe that is how he fragmented her mind. Hopefully there will be no long lasting effects when she wakes up. How is the baby?" Dumbledore asked softly.