Terrified

A bit later, the nurses came in to check on Y/N. “Dear, how are you feeling?” they asked as they came over to the bed. Severus had still been holding her and had fallen asleep as well. “I’m fine. I want to leave,” Y/N said sleepily. He shot her a look immediately that said behave. 

“Well, we aren’t quite there yet. We need you to eat and drink. You were extremely dehydrated when you came in,” the nurse announced as she brought over a tray of food. Y/N sneered at it immediately. She looked at Severus accusingly. “You told them I won’t eat,” she whispered. 

“That isn’t what I said. You were very sick and unable. Along with being asleep for multiple days,” he sighed as he got up from the bed to go sit back in his chair.

 “I can’t stay here, my cat is at home all alone,” Y/N announced to the nurse. Severus and the nurse chuckled, “He said you would say that,” the nurse confessed. “I will eat if I can have my cat. He’s my companion,” Y/N replied. 

This isn’t up for debate. Eat your food. Severus told her.

It’s gross looking

Severus just shook his head in annoyance. “He will be a gentleman and will stay right here on my bed. Please, please, please,” Y/N begged the nurse softly.

 “Dear, it isn’t up to me. It’s the rules, no pets allowed,” the nurse said softly. “You will have to go home and stay with him,” Y/N turned to Severus in annoyance. 

Stop playing with me right now.  I’m serious, he told her.

“If I eat, can I leave tonight?” Y/N asked the nurse hopefully. “We need to keep you tonight for observation, dear. The doctor will be back in the morning to talk to you. Tonight though, you need to eat,” she said softly coming over to embrace Y/N’s arm softly.  “Ok,” is all Y/N replied looking down at her food. The nurse left the room and Y/N pushed the tray away from herself. 

“Why are you doing this? Because you aren’t getting your way?” Severus accused her in a frustrated voice. “I want to go home. I’m fine now,” she announced still looking down. “You were unconcious on the bathroom floor. This isn’t just about you any longer,” he reminded her with a huff. 

“I was napping,” she announced. “You’re making this incredibly difficult, Princess. They believe the extra hormones from the babies are making you very ill. You’ve been receiving medicine in your iv all afternoon. They told me you are aenemic also and probably have been for sometime,” he responded in a firm voice. 

“You think I am being difficult on purpose,” she remarked pulling the tray back to her lap. “I don’t think that. You were very ill,” he sighed.

 “Can I please have a book or something to read?” she asked softly. “Yes, I’ll go get it,” he replied, standing up to apparate.

 “My cat,” she quicked interjected. He just gave her a look before disappaearing and reappearing a moment later. He brougth back two books. The one she was currently reading, Mary Shelleys Frankenstein and Alice in Wonderland, her favorite. 

“Thank you. Do you think the babies can hear when I read in my head?” she asked curiously as she took the books from him. “I have never considered that, I assume not,” he said with a soft chuckle. 

“If so, Frankenstein might be too intense. What did you and the doctor talk about that you aren’t telling me?” she raised her eyebrow and turned to look at him.