Soon

Content warning: Mental Health, suicide,  self harm, read with care.

The next morning, the pair awoke from a soft knock on the chamber door. Severus moved away from Y/N, getting up to answer the door. “Good morning Severus, just checking on our patient,” she said with a grin as she walked through the door. It was obvious the two had at least slept in the same bed. Y/N was having trouble waking up, her body was still so weak. 

Madam Pomfrey leaned down to inspect her bandages, “Dear I think we need to take these off now.” That snapped Y/N right awake shuffling to sit up in the bed. Severus was standing next to Madam Pomfrey a bit disheveled, still in his clothing from the night before. 

Madam Pomfrey, gently started unwrapping the bandages, causing Y/N to look away. She wasn’t ready to see this. “Well, it looks as expected. Possibly in another week we can remove the stitches. I need you to keep these clean and dry for now,” the older woman spoke. 

Y/N’s eyes finally opened and looked down. What she saw was down right ghastly. Severus just shook his head looking down at her. “What about the vanishing cream? It worked on the others,” Y/N asked hopefully. 

“To be frank dear, I highly doubt it would work on something this deep and extensive,” Madam Pomfrey said. “A healing potion?” Y/N looked over towards Severus. 

“You’ve had several already, while you were asleep,” he said sorrowfully. “I will be back to check on you tomorrow morning. You have to start eating, your body cannot heal without food. I trust you will do as Severus instructs in this area,” Madam Pomfrey said as she packed her medical supplies. Y/N just looked at Severus who almost had a look of superiority. 

“Thank you for coming to check on me, Madam Pomfrey. I apologize for you having to see me like that,” Y/N said looking down. “Think nothing of it, dear,” she said as she left the room. 

“I have to go get ready. I will bring food back for you after breakfast,” he said walking towards the bathroom to shower. Once he was in the bathroom, Y/N attempted to get up from the bed. She wanted to find a different shirt to put on, something with longer sleeves. Her legs were weak but she was at least able to walk, slowly. She had no idea where any of her things were. Instead of searching, she decided to go to the bathroom. Gently knocking on the door, “Can I come in and brush my teeth?” she asked.

 “You are supposed to be in bed, but very well,” he said in an annoyed tone from the shower. Y/N went slowly in to stand at the sink, she leaned against the counter while brushing her teeth. She averted her eyes so as not to see herself in the mirror.

 Y/N raised her arms to gently brush her hair, as Severus turned off the shower. Y/N’s eyes turned to him trying to catch a peak. The man anticipated that and quickly wrapped a towel around his hips.

 “I thought you were my husband,” she said, annoyed that she didn’t get to see him naked for more than a second. “Only when it’s convenient for you, apparently,” he said, stepping out of the shower. “Where are my things?’ she asked, ignoring his remark. “Go to bed, I will bring you something,” he replied, knowing what she wanted. 

Y/N slowly made her way back to bed, crawling in under the blankets. Eventually, a now clothed Severus brought her a sweatshirt to the bed. “Thank you,” she said, taking it and slowly pulling it over the t-shirt she already had on. It was too much trouble to take the t-shirt off. She laid back on the pillows completely defeated and irritated at her current position.