Episode-106

Episode-106

   Estella’s POV:

   Adrian embraced me. He loves me… more than I can think…. I feel like he is trying feel me, smell me… he whispered, “it still feels like you will vanish again….  I can’t bear that….” My eyes got teary…

   After few moments, he separated and then touched my face, he asked, “why you tried to escape again?... have you thought for once what was I supposed to do…” he is angry again, maybe be King Lionel told him about my escape….
I looked away, I have no answer… Adrian got on his knees, I am surprised. He took my hand and said, “Estella… forgive me…. for what I have done to you….” My eyes went wide… he is asking for forgiveness?

   Adrian said, “you can even punish me for my deeds… Just don’t leave me… loved me like before… Ella, I love you more than myself… I will love you till my last breath.. Estella… you can punish me, hit me.. any other punishment… I just ask for forgiveness…”

He was still holding my hand, and I had nothing to say except for my tears… I don’t know what I want….  I really can’t decide. Adrian asked again, “Please Estella… this time I will treasure you…. I love you more than anything…. forgive me, my Ella…”

  I looked at him with teary eyes, and I got up, freeing my hand from his…. I walked away to the balcony and stood there hugging my arms…  I don’t know what to do…. I have no answer… Can I forgive him for those horrific nights… what he did to me…. the anger he took out on me… how he crushed my self-respect and pride…. Tears stream down my cheeks… I can’t deny those…

  I got pain and humiliation in return for love…. Just because I made a mistake… he punished me to the worst….

  I heard his voice, “Estella…” I felt him turning me to face him as he is standing in front of me now…. he attempted to wipe my tears,  but I moved my face away.

I saw guilt in his eyes, he said, “Estella… I know maybe I don’t deserve it… but I am still asking for forgiveness shamelessly and selfishly…”

    I looked at him and said to him softly but bitterly, “your majesty….. how will you take the punishment?…. Will you bear a slap in front of everyone the same way I did, can I make you a slave and a  manwhore?… will you kneel and beg for mercy like I did?…. can you give away your pride and self-respect, and let someone take your body without your permission?…. Can I scatter your non-existing innocence?..... can you carry someone’s child forcefully and still love it?... feel the loss when it’s gone?.... can you feel what happens when a person whom you love and trusts break you to the worst… I received humiliation and pain…. Can you bear that?.... you hide everything from me when  I forgot myself can I do that to you?” he looked down and was in tears.

  My voice breaks in tears, I said, “Adrian… how am I supposed to forget those memories?..... I loved you *sobs*…. But I couldn’t forget what happened to my family, like you didn’t forget about your father’s death…. you punished me and  Nicolai, but you couldn’t bare it when I helped in killing your father … and you even killed my Jacobi… he was too young… he died, he was 17…. I couldn’t see him for the last time… I didn’t even knew he was dead… he scarified himself for his half sister while you killed my brother… I raised him Adrian… how can I forget him…”

   Adrian looked down, he had no words. I want to him to know the sin he committed. He said, “Estella… I..”

    I said, “didn’t you had little pity at that young child… he did nothing wrong… he was just beside me, I was your criminal not him…. he lost his little sister and mother right in front of him… I was his only family, he being a whole blooded royal, still he considered a maids daughter as his sister… he considered me as his sister… I miss him…….”

    Adrian embraced me and said, “Estella…. I am sorry… please…. Let me explain… I am sorry…” I cried in his arms even when I am accusing him. Adrian said, “I didn’t wanted to kill him…. it was a mistake… I lost control…. I really didn’t mean to kill Jacobi… I am sorry….”