Episode-107

Episode-107

  Estella’s POV:

The next day,

   I woke  up in Adrian’s arm, I don’t know when I feel asleep in my cries…  he did apologize… but… I was never a person to forgive, I always ran for revenge… am I mean… or am I selfish…

   I looked at his face as he was sleeping peacefully.. I can kill Adrian easily now. He has no weapons and sleeps beside me with trust… I can easily take advantage of it… but… I loved this man.. maybe I still love… and the trust he shows me is making me stop  from taking  revenge… and what I gained in this revenge… I lost everything in the end…

Now I have no one to rely on.. no family… no friend… I even lost the baby I was carrying ….

  I turned my face to Adrian again when I noticed he was awake… he was looking at me. I turned my face away… I felt him getting close. he whispered, “I know you are angry on me….  you have right to me angry on me… the women I love have every right on me….”

  I didn’t look at him, I was listening to his words silently, Adrian said, “but  I want you to know… I love you Estella….. and it feels nice to know you are safe in my arms.. and I want you to never risk your life again in these kinds of things…..” he added, “and I will wait for you to forgive me… no matter how long it takes…. But don’t leave me….”

    I pushed his hand away and got out of the bed… I said, “I need some time to think….”

   A few days later,

     Adrian is busy, but we manage to have one meal together in a day…. He is nice to me, the same Adrian I loved…. He is the same…

  He never forced me to do anything… he didn’t even touched me…. or kissed me without my permission… so we never had any physical contact in the past days… he don’t even sleep in the same bed as me… I don’t know, am I angry about it or relieved on this… 

  But he does take care of me a lot… Though sometimes he becomes  demanding too…. He increased the number of maids around me.. the security around me… and King Lionel is also here.. I didn’t meet him, though, in days…
.
    I was having my lunch looking at the view from my balcony… yea.. I didn’t think about running away in a few days because with these many people around me it’s impossible, and Adrian increased the security and where will I go…. I am afraid that I will end up somewhere wrong…

   The door opened, and I saw Adrian walking in. He's  in normal clothing. He looks nice in those…

He sat in front of me and was looking at me. I asked, “your majesty, you need something..” Why is he looking at me?

  He chuckled and said, “call me Adrian, Estella… can’t you? you can’t forgive me… I understand… but can’t you refer me as Adrian…. You called me ‘your majesty since many days…”

I looked down. I said, “ok.. Adrian… what makes you come here?”

    Adrian smiled, and I lost words with his charming face. He said, “I can die… to hear my name from your pretty mouth..”

   My heart started racing. Adrian said, “brother Lionel is going back next morning…. If you want to see him off tomorrow, then it would be better….” I furrowed… I asked, “why should I be there? I have no status to stand in there between 2 kings….”

  Adrian looked at me in regret and said, “Estella… don’t say this… I am sorry…. That was when I was blurred in anger.. I didn’t have sense what I was doing…” he sounds guilty.

  I said, “no.. Adrian.. it’s not about you…. I am not saying this specifically to you….” I smiled bitterly and said as tears rolled down as I remembered that day…. I said, “I was around 10 …. My father, I mean King Hames, was going for some travel.. I don’t remember the reason why he was travelling…. But I wanted to see him off… as his 10 year old daughter…. I prepared a small gift for him with whatever I got.. a small bunch of flowers which I collected the same morning for endless time….”

  I was playing with my own fingers when I added, “I was standing there… waiting for father to show up and I can give him flower… so I can say him to return soon… but when I tried to give him flowers,  father… father didn’t even looked at me….he walked passing ignoring me… 10 year old me though he might simply not see me…. I tried again but ended up getting pushed on the ground… and father left…. After that, Queen slapped me and said… I don’t belong or worth of being there.. it was a place for royals.. not a half-blood dogs like me…. I was simply a maids daughter…. Mother was punished with me, and I was standing in the hot sun for the whole day barefooted….” I wiped my tears and said to Adrian, “so… it’s just maybe I don’t worth it…”

  He was looking at me with pain, I don’t know why I always tell him these, but it’s my truth… I am a maids daughter… Adrian got up and pulled me in embrace.. he is always the comfort I search for.. the warmth I craved… the love I never got…..

   He parted and then wiped my tears with his fingers. He said, “Estela… my Ella…. I don’t believe in status…. You are everything a person needs to be…. I am thankful to your mother that she gave birth to you… There is nothing wrong in being in maids daughter…. My  mother always said a person should be treated by the purity of heart, not by status…”

I was listening to him as he said this, he is the only person who ever said this to me. Adrian said, “I request you to come with me tomorrow… and my Estella don’t need a status… and our family don’t believe in status……..”

  I said to myself, “Adrian… don’t love me this much… or I will forget what I decided…. I will forget my own words  to stay away from you… don’t be nice to me… at last, I am just a slave and mistress of yours…. Nothing much…”