Episode-110

Episode-110

  Estella’s POV:

     Hours later,

  It’s past midnight.. I was tried and sweating, but in his arms… he was playing with my fingers, tangling my fingers with his…. Adrian kissed my forehead and said, “sleep my love… You need rest… Tomorrow, there will be people for the wedding dress.. they will make the finest dress for you..”

  I hummed, and I said, “it feels peace at last… like this is a rightful place of mine…” he pulled me to him and whispered, “I love you….” I kissed his cheek…

     The next day, I sat behind the curtain in the main assembly. I am nervous, to be exact. Today, Adrian is going to announce that he is going to marry me… and this is the most exciting thing that happened to me….

       Adrian said to the assembly filled with high status people, “Today I am here to make an important announcement …  I am going to marry Lady Estella… and make her my Queen…. And she will be future Queen of all of you…”

  The assembly went silent. On getting no responses, my inner self warned me that this was not a good sigh. Minister Rosewood said, “Your Majesty…. We thought this was a rumor that a maids daughter and a slave was going to be the new Queen… but your majesty, we refuse to accept one of your father’s murderer as our Queen…”

  I stood there motionless as I heard this. I noticed Adrian was at the edge, and his face showed anger. he asked, “have you forgotten to whom you are speaking and about who you are speaking…”

   The other minister got up and said, “I apologize, your majesty… we all agree with Sir. Rosewood…. A low born woman can be your salve and mistress but not your Queen…..”  Tears accumulated in my eyes. this is happening again, in past I was never accepted as a daughter because my mother was low born, and now they want me to be away from Adrian… because I am a maids daughter..

     Adrian said in anger, “do I need your permission…. I don’t think so…”

  Minister Rosewood said, “we just fought a war because of this women… and she was with another man when she got abducted, who knows what he did with her all this time… is she even worth of marrying, the most chances are that the man bedded her already… even he is dead, the fact doesn’t changed he had all access to this women when she was with him…” tears escaped as I heard this, I looked down on this shameful comment made on me. I noticed Adrian was even more angry now.

      Minister Rosewood said, “if you marry a low born woman, then we will refuse to accept you as our King, your majesty…. You can keep her to you, but you shouldn’t make her your crown…” I noticed Adrian’s sword moved to Minister Rosewood..

     I said, “Your majesty! Stop!... please..” Adrian stopped. He looked at me through the curtains. He attempted to walk to me, but I couldn’t keep it in. I said, “forgive me, your majesty… I need to go.”

  I turned out of the assembly and went to my room…. I sat on the wiping of my tears. This happened again to me…I heard Adrian call my name, but I didn’t responded…