Chapter 2

4hours later

Columbia Presbyterian Hospital

Emergency Room

"Dr. Huntzberger. New patient just transported by NYFD. Work accident, bleeding, laceration to the right extremity." a nurse said handing some paperwork over to Logan, from behind a triage desk.

"What room?"

"Right across the way. Room 19." the nurse answered as Logan took the paperwork and stepped away toward the room.

"Hi, I'm Doctor Huntzberger, are you Lorelai Gilmo . . ." Logan began, entering the room and immediately tearing his eyes away from the paperwork in his hand. "Ace! What happened?!"

"Hey Logan." Rory said sheepishly as a nurse and a couple paramedics finished getting her transferred from the stretcher she had been brought in on.

"When I suggested dinner, I didn't necessarily mean today." Logan joked taking in Rory's blood covered appearance.

"31 year old, work accident with a lot of blood loss due to a laceration of the right extremity." one of the paramedics answered.

"Let's get an IV started." Logan directed the nurse to his left. "Is that laceration packed?" he asked, turning to the paramedic to his right.

"Yes Sir!"

"Do you know about how much blood was lost?" Logan questioned.

"My guess is several units." the paramedic answered, gesturing to Rory who was covered in blood.

"Rory, how are you feeling?"

"Kind of light headed. Nauseous. In a lot of pain."

"We're going to fix that right now. Do you know your blood type?"

"A negative." Rory answered softly, closing her eyes, and tilting her head back against the bed as she took a deep breath, letting it out slowly.

"I'm ordering two units of blood. Do a quick draw so we can determine how much we might need. I'm going to start her on one unit immediately to see how she does. Let's also get her some morphine, and Zofran. I am ordering both x-rays and an MRI, so we can determine how much damage has been done, and whether or not she will need to be taken to surgery. Rory, is your mom still in Stars Hollow?"

"Yeah, why?"

"You shouldn't be here alone." Logan told her, pulling his phone out of his pocket. "What is her number? Do you have your phone on you?"

"It's in my purse."

"Your name is Rory?" the nurse asked, as one of the paramedics handed Logan Rory's purse.