Chapter 107

"Hey Logan, you know about the board meeting at 3pm, right?" Rory asked, as she walked in the door to his office to see him typing away at his computer.

"Yep, I've got everything ready to go. I'm just finishing up some notes from last week's department meetings. I've been going back over some of the paperwork from each department, so I can remind myself what has been going on while we've been out."

"You are planning to go to the office for the meeting today, aren't you?"

"Actually, I'm not. Richard is there with Doyle, and they've said that everything is running very smoothly. I can attend the meeting remotely."

"You don't want to be there in person?"

"Not particularly. Why, what's going on?"

"I was thinking of going into the office for the meeting. I need a break from this house."

"We just got back from a 3 day trip, last night. How are you sick of being home already?"

"Because I've spent the last several months stuck here. I need to go back sometime, so I figure I might as well start to reemerge myself."

"You still have another 5 weeks of maternity leave."

"I know. But I'm bored."

"What about Ayribella?"

"We did a pretty good job of sheltering her this weekend, and it's been over three weeks. We have to publish her birth announcement sometime. We might as well do it now, than wait for the paparazzi and tabloids to do it for us."

"That's not what I meant. I agree, we do need to publish that. However, what I meant was if you go back to work, what is your plan for Ayribella? We haven't made any arrangements for her, and you are breastfeeding."

"I don't need to make any arrangements. She's coming with me."

"Wait, you want to take Ayribella to work with you?"

"Is that a problem?"

"It's an office, Rory."

"I know that. And it's MY office. MY company. And Ayribella is MY daughter. She is a tiny baby, she takes up almost no room, and she hardly ever cries. I'm working from home while taking care of her, so why can't I do the same thing at the office? We have the carrier, so I can literally wear her around the office, just like I do here at home. And if I get sick of doing that, we can take the pack n play with us, and I can put her down in there to sleep. We can also take her swing with us, and I can put her in there too. There really isn't any reason why I can't do exactly what I am already doing from home, from the office."

"And what are we supposed to do when she's sleeping? Tell everyone in the building not to talk, so they don't wake her up?"