Chapter 47

"I'm sorry you guys, I know we are running late, but it's going to be a few more minutes." Rory said as she walked through the conference room, and pulled down a large projector screen.

"Board meetings never started late when Mitchum was in charge." someone spoke up.

"Well Mitchum isn't in charge anymore, I am! Our profits are up, the staff is happy, and I don't really care for anyone's attitude today, so if you have a problem with waiting on a couple more board members, you can and will be replaced!"

"Hey Rory, I've got the conference call ready, do you want me to connect you?" Doyle asked, walking into the room carrying a computer.

"Yes please! We are still waiting for Logan though."

"He's just finishing up a call downstairs, he should be here momentarily."

"Thanks Doyle."

"Where is Franklin?" one of the board members asked.

"Franklin retired and moved to the Cayman Islands." Rory answered as Doyle got the conference call connected.

"When did that happen?"

"Earlier this week."

"But shouldn't he be here for board meetings?"

"Not anymore. Franklin sold his shares."

"To who?"

"To me! Can we be done with all the questions now?"

"To you? So then you'll be appointing someone to take his place on the board?"

"I already have. And anyone who has a problem with it is more than welcome to sell me their shares and leave as well. Now, let's move on." Rory said as the screen at the front of the room came alive.

"Mrs. Huntzberger! So nice to see you today!" a friendly voice greeted.

"Mr. Gilmore! How are you this morning?"

"I'm doing good Sweetheart, how are you? Are you feeling ok?"

"I'm doing alright Grandpa, thank you for asking. Everyone, this is my Grandfather, Richard Gilmore. He'll be taking Franklin's place on the board. Mr. Gilmore lives in Hartford, so he'll be joining us via video conference when he's not in town."

"Richard! You sure are a large presence in this room!" Logan said as he walked into the conference room and stood next to his wife.

"Doctor Huntzberger! How are you this fine morning?"