Chapter 63

"Hey Logan, Hugo is coming in this morning. Did you want to meet with him with me?"

"Do you need me to?"

"Well, we never even talked about it. At the party a few weeks ago, it just popped into my head that he would be perfect to add to the board, and I just dropped it on him, right in the middle of everything. You and I hadn't even talked about it, so I figured we should probably do that now before he gets here."

"I trust your judgment. If you think Hugo would be a good addition to the board, then let's do it."

"You don't want to talk about it?"

"Do you really think that we need to? I like Hugo. He's a great guy. This is your company Ace. You can bring in whoever you want."

"I know, but it's still your family business, so you get to have an opinion on what happens here."

"I think that Hugo is a good choice."

"The one thing I thought of the other day while we were sitting in the hospital, is what about Hugo's business? Would it be a conflict of interest for him to be on the board?"

"I don't think so. Hugo is an incredible businessman. I think having his opinion on everything would be a great addition. He might be a little concerned that we might be trying to buy his online magazine out from underneath him."

"I would never do that. I love his magazine! He gave me the job on the campaign trail. Hugo has my loyalty for life. He was an amazing boss!"

"Well there you go. Just tell him that."

"Just like that?"

"Just like that."

"So you don't want to meet with him with me?"

"Do you need me to? What time is he coming in, because I have a patient in twenty minutes."

"In about an hour."

"I'll black out a couple hours on my calendar, and we can give him a tour."

"Thank you Logan."

"No problem. I'm heading downstairs, do you need me to bring you anything when I come back up?"

"Like what, body parts?"

"I was thinking more like some kind of snack or something, but never mind."

"I'll text you if I start craving anything. Actually, let's order Vietnamese food today."

"You want your usual order?"

"Spring rolls, lemon chicken, and phó."