Chapter 54

Thursday, February 2, 2017

Huntzberger Publishing Group

Corporate Office

10am

"Good Morning Lorelai, it's nice to see you again." Carlos said as Lorelai walked through the office doors with Soookie.

"Hey Carlos! Do you need my badge?" Lorelai asked, as she pulled her security badge out of her purse.

"Just swipe it passed the box as you walk through the metal detectors. It will beep when it registers."

"You have a fancy security badge?" Sookie asked.

"I just got it the other day. Carlos, can I get a visitor's pass for my friend Sookie? She's catering the event tomorrow. We're here to get everything set up."

"Of course! Stop by the reception desk and they'll get you set up. She'll need a state ID."

"Thank you!" Lorelai smiled as she stepped up to the metal detectors, and handed her purse over to the security officer standing guard.

"Mrs. Danes, it's nice to see you again."

"Good morning Kelvin! There are cookies hiding in there for you."

"The cookies you asked me to make yesterday?" Sookie asked.

"I might have told Kelvin that I owed him cookies for helping me move some furniture the other day."

"You owe me nothing." Kelvin told her as he looked into her purse, then waved her through the machine.

"Sookie ,he needs to check your purse. Kelvin, this is my best friend Sookie. She's catering the event tomorrow."

"It's nice to meet you Sookie." Kelvin said as he handed Lorelai back her purse, then took Sookie's. "Lorelai, don't forget to swipe your badge. And take Sookie to reception."

"Will do." Lorelai said as the box beeped next to her as she tapped her badge against it.

"Your daughter is in her office. Would you like me to let her know that you are here?"

"I actually texted her when we parked the car, but thank you. Here are your cookies."

"You owe me nothing."

"Oh you hush! They're delicious!" Lorelai said handed him the ziploc bag of chocolate chip cookies from her purse.

"Thank you Lorelai, you are very kind."

"Thank you for all of your help!"

"You be sure to let me know if you need anything today."