Chapter 61

Friday, February 3, 2017

8:00pm

New York City, New York

"Any idea where we are going?" Logan asked as Frank drove through the streets of the city with Rory and Logan in the back of the car.

"Did you ever think that maybe Frank should get a variety of colors fo rhis fleet of cars? I don't think the paparazzi would be following a blue SUV, or even a white one. Why are all the car service vehicles always black? Wouldn't it be smarter to get a variety of colors, just to throw off the press?"

"That is actually a pretty good idea. Maybe we can talk to the service about it. Frank isn't in charge, but he has been there the longest because we pay him so well."

"Frank should just start his own service. Or maybe, what if we started our own service, just for HPG?"

"How often would we really use it? You hate using the car service."

"That's a good point. But I do think that they should get a variety of colors for their cars. Always having a black escalade is a pretty obvious sign to the media that there is someone of interest inside. They should think about changing things up a little. Get some different high end cars, in a variety of colors."

"HPG could actually start its own car service, but we would have to compete with everyone else for clients."

"Do you think it would be a good business move?"

"I'm not sure. Let me think about it some more. But I definitely agree with having a variety of cars and colors."

"I hope this media frenzy dies down soon. I don't understand people's obsession with our lives."

"We're rich. They wish they had money, so they like living vicariously through us. Funny thing is that our life isn't much more interesting than anyone else's. We're pretty boring compared to most other people."

"But you weren't always this way."

"No, I wasn't. And I was a tabloid punchline for years."

"Which is probably why they're so obsessed with us. They're waiting for you to screw up again."

"Pretty much. I'm done with that life though. I've learned the error of my ways."

"You've grown up a lot since I met you."

"I have, but I'm still the same idiot Logan sometimes."

"Logan, we already talked about this. I'm not mad at you. It was pregnancy hormones."

"ButI still feel bad. I hate seeing you cry. And I can't stand that it was my fault."

~* ~ * ~ * Flashback * ~ * ~ * ~ *