Chapter 96

The next afternoon, Lorelai was busy putting up streamers and balloons all over the house. She had gone out first thing in the morning, and scoured the nearby party store for decorations. It was Cinco De Mayo, and she was determined to celebrate in style. She had bought everything she could find that would fit with her theme, then moved on to the next store for additional supplies. Luke had heard all about his wife's insane plans the evening prior, but clearly knew better than to stand in her way, so he had told her to have a great time while shopping, and kissed her goodbye. No one else knew what Lorelai was up to when she announced that she was heading out on an errand that morning, although, in hindsight, they probably should have. It was no secret that Lorelai loved parties, and was an expert at planning them. It was the one talent that she shared with her mother. Lorelai had shopped for 3 hours before finally heading back to Rory's house to execute her master plan.

Lorelai purposely waited until after lunch before she began her execution. Rory and Logan had run out to the HPG building, to check Rory's iron levels, then came home just in time to scarf down the lunch Luke had prepared for them, before deciding to take a nap with Ayribella. Lane was across the street at Honor's house, helping get ready for Honor's baby shower the next day, Richard had gone out to play some golf, and Emily had decided to run over to Mitchum and Shira's placeacross town to check on how they were doing. The only person in the house who wasn't asleep, was Luke, who previously had been out in the backyard, throwing the ball around for Logan's dog, Rocky, but had recently left for the train station, to pick up his daughter, April. With everyone otherwise occupied, Lorelai had the entire house to herself, while she busied herself decorating.

April had never celebrated Cinco De Mayo, Gilmore style, and Lorelai couldn't wait to introduce her to the craziness. However, as Lorelai thought about it, the only person in the family who had actually celebrated Cinco De Mayo, Gilmore style, was Rory. But even so, it had been several years since they had last been able to get together. Tonight was going to be a blast! Not only would Lorelai be able to celebrate Cinco De Mayo with her daughter again, as well as her step-daughter, she would also get to celebrate with her parents and granddaughter for the very first time. There would be 3 generations of Gilmores celebrating altogether, and that alone was the most exciting thing ever.

Lorelai reached for her cell phone, and quickly punched a few buttons before putting the phone to her ear. "Luke! I need you to pick up all the food on your way home. I'll text you the address right now . . .No, I don't have time to run out myself. I'm not done decorating yet. After you get April, take her with you to grab the food . . .It should all be ready. I stopped by there this morning, and placed a large order. It's already paid for. I just need you to pick it up . . . Thank you so much!" Lorelai said in a sing song voice, then hung up the phone, and went back to work.

*~ * 5:00pm * ~ *

"Wow, you weren't kidding!" April's voice was heard as she followed Luke into the house, helping to bring in all of the food they had just picked up.

"Hola Senorita!" Lorelai said excitedly as she hurried into the foyer to greet her guests. "Welcome to Casa Huntzberger! Here are your Sombreros. There is a selection of ponchos to your left, and you are expected to wear them for the remainder of our event tonight." Lorelai told them as she placed large hats on their heads.

"I am NOT wearing this." Luke grumbled.

"Oh come on Dad, just go with it! It looks good on you." April toldhim. "Lorelai, this place looks awesome! I love your dress! Thatis gorgeous! I am so excited!"