Chapter 11

10:45 the next morning

Huntzberger Publishing Group Tower

New York City

"There he is." Rory said as Doyle met both her and Logan outside of the massive HPG building.

"Huntzberger, you seriously want to over pay me, to be Rory's assistant?" Doyle asked.

"We originally thought Paris would be the perfect person for the job, but there is no way in hell she would ever do it, but we knew that you would." Logan laughed.

"Plus, you're a lot less bossy, easier to deal with, and just as good as Paris is, so it's a win win." Rory told him.

"Wow, there is nothing like being second best to my wife!" Doyle laughed.

"Oh come on Doyle, you know you aren't offended." Rory said rolling her eyes.

"You ready to piss some people off?" Logan asked them.

"Let's do this!" Doyle smiled as they headed into the building.

"Rory, come here for a second." Logan said, quickly pulling her to the side.

"What's up?" Rory asked as Logan reached into his pocket and pulled a small box out. "Wait, what is that?!"

"It's yours. We'll talk about it later. Right now, it's kind of a power play. Damn, that sounds really bad . . . I really don't mean for it to sound bad. But I think you having it on shows the board that we are serious. I wasn't planning to ask you like this. So I'll definitely do that at a later date. But you can keep it. I can get another one. I just . . . I don't want any push back. I love you, and I am confidant that you are the right person for this job. And the right person for me."

"Logan, it's beautiful. Of course I'll wear it. You can have it back when we're done."

"We'll talk about it. I promise."

"Ok."

"I love you Rory." Logan said as he slipped the engagement ring he had bought Rory 9 years prior, onto her finger, where it had always belonged.

"I love you too." Rory smiled, giving Logan a quick kiss.

"You are going to be amazing! I am so glad we are doing this."

"I'm really nervous."

"I know. But you are going to do great! I've got your back, no matter what. But we've really gotta get in there. I'm the one who called the emergency meeting, and we're going to piss them off if we are too much later."

"Ok, let's go." Rory said taking a deep breath, letting it out slowly, then heading inside the HPG building.