Chapter 33

"Any news?" Lorelai asked a couple hours later, walking into Rory's living room with the left over cake and 4 forks.

"Not yet." Rory answered.

"Was it like this last time?"

"Pretty much. They are probably still running tests. I feel bad about not being there."

"I can't believe Shira slept through the whole thing. All those people coming into the room, and she was just out."

"She probably took a sleeping pill."

"Yeah but realistically, how long had she really been asleep for? Was she even there for the announcement?" Lorelai asked.

"I don't know. I didn't see her, but I also wasn't paying attention to what she was doing."

"So Logan's Mother really doesn't like you?" April asked.

"That woman hates me!"

"But why?" Gigi asked. "You are literally the nicest person in the world."

"She's a snob and thinks that I'm not 'good enough' for their family."

"Which is really funny because if you want to talk about being 'trash', Shira is way more trashy than any of us will ever be." Lorelai laughed. "Between the Hayden and Gilmore families, Rory is way more upper class than Shira can ever hope to be. From what I've heard, she is a gold digger from some hick farm town in the middle of nowhere who got a boob job and then went to the big city to slut her way around some bar where she met Mitchum, and she managed to get pregnant knowing that his family would force him to marry her in order to prevent a scandal."

"That is so stupid." April told them.

"Right?!" Rory agreed. "She once referred to is as a difference in 'their' money and the Gilmore money."

"And the Gilmore money is way more elite than the Huntzberger money. The Gilmores go way back to before the Mayflower. The Gilmore family has been around forever! The Huntzbergers are literally newspaper money. Their 'money' is way 'newer' than the Gilmore money. It's just ridiculous!" Lorelai added.

"But what about the Hayden money?" Gigi asked. "I try to stay out of it, but I know our family is loaded and goes back pretty far. The Haydens are a pretty big deal. Some people at my school call me heiress, which is just annoying."

"Well, technically you are honey, but you share that with Rory." Lorelai told her. "Maybe it just comes down to old and new money to that woman, but who knows! The entire things is stupid. Technically, if we were to put both the Gilmore and Hayden money together, you two would have way more than any of the Huntzbergers."

"Why does everything have to be about money?" April asked.