Chapter 108

"Huntzbergers! It is so good to see you guys." Carlos, the head of security said as Rory and Logan headed through the HPG lobby toward him, after finishing Rory's checkup. "Welcome back!" 

"Hey Carlos! We were just coming to see you. How are you?" Rory asked as she walked with Logan across the HPG lobby.

"I am doing well, how about you? You look incredible! I was just told that you were in the building, and wanted to check in with you guys, and see how everything is going."

"Everything is going great." Logan told him.

"I haven't heard about any disturbances in your neighborhood. I take it everything is staying pretty quiet?" Carlos asked.

"It is, but we should probably discuss that. We were just talking about publishing the baby announcement, and things could get insane pretty quickly."

"Would you like to step into my office to talk about it, or would you like me to come to yours?"

"Your office is fine. We are already down here." Rory told him.

"Let's go then." Carlos said, holding his arm out, for Rory and Logan to head toward his office on the first floor of the building.

"What is with all the extra people in the building today?"

"There are interviews going on for some open positions. I believe they are in circulation, mail room, and a writing position for one of the papers housed in the building."

"Logan, did you know about those?" Rory asked.

"I'm not sure. Maybe? Doyle probably does. I've been told about a lot of things lately, and I'm a little sleep deprived, so maybe? Probably?" Logan answered.

"I don't remember either. But no one was expecting us to come in today either, unless you told Doyle or my Grandpa."

"I actually didn't get the chance to tell anyone. Right after you decided to come in today, you asked me to make lunch while you got ready, and keep an eye on Ayribella, so I was a little preoccupied."

"Doyle may know that you are here. I'm not sure if he got a phone call when you arrived." Carlos told them.  "Someone usually lets him know when you drive onto the property, but you've been out for a while, so they may have not remembered to do it." 

"It's not a big deal. You guys don't need to alert Doyle, or anyone when Logan and I are on the property. It's not like anyone actually needs to know where we are." Rory spoke up.

"I like to be alerted when you are here, that way I not only know what is going on, but also, if there is any impending threat to your safety, I know that extra protocols need to be adhered to."

"What kind of threats to our safety? Are there really threats made against us?"