Chapter 37

Dear Mr. Huntzberger,

We have received your application, and referral letters, with your request to join Doctors Without Borders. At this time, it is our pleasure to inform you that your skills and qualifications have been reviewed, and we have matched you with an open position in Yerevan, Armenia, for a period of 18 months.

Over the last several years, our teams in Yerevan have been working to tackle resistant forms of Tuberculosis, and have recently began participating in the End TB project; an international initiative aimed at finding shorter, less toxic, and more effective treatments for drug-resistant Tuberculosis. Upon joining our team, you will be part of an epidemiological study aimed at documenting the safety and efficiency of combining the newest treatments for Drug-resistant TB, with direct acting antivirals.

Should you still be interested in joining our organization, and serving those living in impoverished countries, a new team of doctors is being assembled, and will be departing New York city on January 15,2017. To accept this position and receive our list of recommended vaccinations and supplies needed to take with you, please contact us at the phone number listed above.

Thank you for your application, and we look forward to speaking with you.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Logan, you need to tell your wife."

"I know that Honor. But I'm obviously not going to be taking the position."

"But regardless, you still need to tell your wife. She will be PISSED if she finds out about it later on."

"I can't believe they actually accepted me! I applied for Doctors Without Borders last year, and last I heard they were still waiting for the rest of my referrals and paperwork from Columbia to be received. I'm still technically a first year doctor, just out of my residency. I can't believe that I was actually accepted. I honestly didn't think they would accept me so soon.

"Well, when you applied, you honestly didn't have very much going on. But now you've got dad in the hospital recovering from a massive heart attack, mom in rehab for substance abuse, a pregnant wife, and a multi-national company that needs someone to run it."

"And a hormonal pregnant sister." Logan added.

"Exactly! You have A LOT going on! I might have been excited about you applying for Doctors Without Borders a few months ago, but now . . .It's just not the best timing. Life has changed a lot recently."

"I know. And there is no way that I would ever even consider taking on this position right now. I only applied for it because I was bored, lonely, and had nothing to do other than sit here and annoy you when I wasn't working."

"Yeah, thanks for that!" Honor laughed.

"But then all of a sudden Rory walked into my life again, and everything completely changed."

"You have the life you've always dreamed of."