Chapter 23

"Hey Ace, what all do you  to grab to take home?" Logan asked, looking around Rory's apartment.

"I don't even know, this is kind of overwhelming."

"Well the good news is that we are only ten minutes away, so anything that you need but don't have, we can come back to get. It's not like you will never see the stuff again."

"That's true. I just hate moving."

"Ok so let's do this. Let's grab the things that you use everyday; your clothes, shoes, makeup, and hair stuff. Why don't you go grab whatever stuff you need from your bathroom and I'll start taking your clothes and shoes down to the car.

"I guess that works."

"You guess?"

"No, it works. It's just a lot. There are a lot of changes happening right now."

"Well, I can move in here if it's easier on you."

"No, Logan, your place is bigger, and closer to the office and the hospital."

"I don't care about any of that. Why don't we just live here."

"The building doesn't allow pets."

"Please, I'm a doctor, there are really simplistic ways to get around that. Would you like an emotional support animal to help with your anxiety?"

"Do you think I need one?"

"I know for a fact that they help. You'll see, having Rocky around all the time is pretty awesome."

"No, I know. I'm much more relaxed when I'm hanging out with him."

"So I can move in here, it's really not a big deal. We can just go get my stuff."

"No, Logan, I'm being stupid. It's fine. We already decided. I'm just feeling overwhelmed."

"Rory, come here. Come sit down. Let's talk about this." Logan said taking her hand, and pulling her over to the couch. "We really need to talk about your anxiety. You've been having a really hard time lately. I know that we have a lot going on, but we've always been busy, and nothing has ever made you this overwhelmed. We've only been back together for a few weeks, so I have to ask, does this happen to you a lot? I only remember you having a few anxiety attacks back at Yale, but I don't remember them ever being this bad. Can you tell me what is going on in your head?"

"I'm just feeling overwhelmed, I'll be fine."

"Rory, as a doctor, I am trained to spot this type of thing. I need you to talk to me. Let me in. Let me help you. It is perfectly ok to not be ok. But I need you to be honest with me and tell me what is bothering you."