Chapter 5

An hour and a half later, Lorelai had just gotten Rory home, and was trying to get her into bed when there was a knock at the door.

"You better have Girl Scout Cookies!" Lorelai called out as she headed toward the door, and looked thru the peep hole.

"That's a pretty tough order when it's not cookie season" Logan answered as the door opened.

"Damn! I was hoping you had some kind of magical powers."

"Actually, I've heard that Dollar General carries Girl Scout cookies under a private label, but they're made by the exact same company. And they're less than half the cost."

"Is this true?"

"The nurses eat them all the time."

"There's a store down the street. It closes at 11." Rory told her. "Get me Thin Mints."

"Wait a minute? You knew about this magical cookie land?"

"You didn't?"

"Hello, I live in the Hollow!"

"You better hurry up. It's after 10."

"Crap!" Lorelai said grabbing her purse off the couch. "Logan, will you please tell Rory that she needs to go lay down?"

"I promise to go lay down if you grab ice cream too."

"Um hi, who raised you?! I'll be back shortly!"

"Thanks Mom!" Rory said closing and locking the door behind Lorelai.

"Ace, you really should be in bed."

"I know. I just have a lot to do around here. This place is a mess! I've been so busy with work lately that I haven't had any time to do anything else. I haven't even been getting home until after 9pm, and then I'm scarfing down food while doing more work on my laptop until around 2am, when I finally pass out from exhaustion."

"You know that isn't healthy."

"Yeah, well, neither is living off pop tarts and coffee for my entire life, but it hasn't killed me yet."

"Have you taken your medication yet?"

"No. I'm still really numb."

" Trust me, that won't last. And when it wears off, you're going to be in a world of pain!"

"Well, until that happens I have time to get some stuff done." Rory said as she moved over toward the couch, and reached for the blanket that was thrown there in a heap.